Driveclub is...

• Thread starter leeislee
  • 13 comments
England
Liverpool
leeislee
Driveclub is everything i wanted Gran Turismo to be. I've only just got a PS4 so it was natural for me to buy Driveclub. What can i say other than WOW...how beautiful is this game?

The arcade style/sim racing debate has never bothered me. I've got Project cars for a bit more realism but for me Driveclub is just a vision to behold. I've no idea why so many people slate it.

I can't wait to start sharing some pictures from it.

^^ Couldn't agree more and I try to play it daily still. I have had it since day 1 on pre-order back in October.
Look forward to seeing your pics -photo mode/stunning graphics on it is one of the best. If you have a minute flick through the latest main photo thread to see what ps4/drive club offers 👍

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/driveclub-photo-thread-read-op.317975/page-92

Enjoy and once you get to Level 5 Ferrari you get to enjoy the Ferrari La Ferrari...then it only gets better. Also If you haven't brought the dlc season pass yet I highly recommend it for value. Worth it for all the extras including tours, nearly 30+ cars XKR-s, US muscle cars and Lambos alone :bowdown:

I've no idea why so many people slate it.

Here's my theory:

Maybe it's because (this is just my theory, so correct me if I'm wrong) arcade-oriented racing games are becoming taboo in an increasingly sim-oriented market. I'd rather pick a well sorted arcade game than a serious sim any day.

While DC isn't the racing game I want on PS4 (I want an half sim half arcade game with real tracks, hence why I'm waiting for GT7) it is awesome and immense fun. Also, it's one of the few games I know of that lets you use the KERS system on the McLaren P1

While DC isn't the racing game I want on PS4 (I want an half sim half arcade game with real tracks, hence why I'm waiting for GT7) it is awesome and immense fun. Also, it's one of the few games I know of that lets you use the KERS system on the McLaren P1

I think it's also the only game thus far where you can manually deploy the DRS system on the P1 unless it's manually deployable in pCARS too.

Last edited:
I think it's also the only game thus far where you can manually deploy the DRS system the P1 unless it's manually deployable in pCARS too.
Oh yeah, you can use DRS too! I think you can on PCars, either way, it would be great if more games let you use the functional stuff on supercars like KERS and DRS.

I haven't played it much yet as I am a driving instructor and work 6 days a week, usually until 8pm but the little I have played, I must admit, it was spectacular and just goes to show that it's not always about quantity but quality. I mean, just look at the car list for DC. Truly amazing cars that you want to drive. GT is great but so many cars you just never use (or unless you have to in order to complete an event)

To me there are two types of arcade game: Those which reward real life driving skill and those which reward pulling off certain arbitrary techniques specific to the game. This is independent of "simulation" (realistic grip levels, realistic brakes,etc...), but essential to being able to enjoy the game.

It does sound like Evolution Studios with Driveclub, similar to Codemasters, has built a game which is slightly unrealistic in handling prowess of the different cars, but deep enough to require skill and you go faster when you apply real life driving techniques. I have to admit I'm getting tempted to buy a PS4 for Driveclub, now that it's fleshed out nicely with all those patches, rather than waiting for GT7.....

Awesome to have you along for the ride on PS4 and DriveClub/Project CARS Lee! 👍

DriveClub is so much better now than it was at release - it pretty much deserved alot of the flak it received then. I didn't like it at all to begin with but as it has been updated and improved along the way I have grown to really enjoy it.

Can't wait to see your DC photos - pCARS is such a let down on the photomode side but astounding results can be achieved with DC once you get used to the quirky camera controls. :cheers:

I only wish there were more race tracks or real race courses. Still a nice racer IMO. It's needs more support from gamers to keep it going.

Back