Driveclub on PS5

• Thread starter fernandito
  • 14 comments

fernandito

(Banned)
Spain
Spain
Does game update to its latest version + hardcore handling mode?, or are you forced to play it in its 1.0 version without the weather system and the aforementioned stuff?

And the DLC?, does it download too if I have it purchased on ps4?

So i started replaying Driveclub today on PS5. Ill put up some pics answering some questions.

Load times? They are gone. It will do the load screen for a race and its up for literally a second and then im racing.

Some cars are missing since server went off, missing Finish Line and No Limits, when i had everything. This game is non existent on ps store.

I cant figure out how to get that server down message off the screen when racing but it does go away after a few seconds.

Yes all updates are there also. Heres some pics. Anything else need tested for any game just let me know, not to big into GT Sport though. Waiting for a real GT game lol.
Yea messy messy, but its my "work" area.
Pretty sure its at current update of 1.28 the farewell update.
And yes hardcore and dynamic weather is there. Seems to be running smoother than ever but its a locked 30fps at 1080p i believe, it may just be me. Not sure how smooth it was on ps4 pro running boost mode.

20201130_122551.jpg
20201130_122645.jpg
20201130_122751.jpg
20201130_122523.jpg

20201130_123821.jpg

And yes any ps4 game but those few sony listed if downloaded store games will download right to the ps5 as if it were a ps4. You can see my project cars 2 as its a download version and prompts me to download it to my ps5. The games with a lock icon over them mean i need to insert disc to play and download the install file. Little weird to get used to on ps5 but its all the same in the end.

20201130_124303.jpg

20201130_124309.jpg

Onrush, wipeout and project cars 3 all ps4 games downloaded to ps5 ready to play

20201130_124211.jpg

Last edited:
Wow thank you. So the game runs it latest version on the ps5 too, and with all DLC if you had it purchased. Nice!

The cars you see they're forever lost may very well be those club cars. They were just a couple of them or so and in the lesser categories/tiers, so nothing to worry about.

Thanks mate!

Looks very impressive, unfortunately my choice to purchase the game on disc back on the PS4 means I will never be able to play on PS5 as I have a digital edition so cannot insert the disc to verify the game.

As for the server message this will appear at the start of every race due to the discontinuation of the servers but at least it disappears quickly.

Would have been nice if there had been a final update to tidy that up but given the studio was closed I guess that could never happen.

@Shofast did you do a fresh download for Driveclub or transferred your old game data from the PS4? Because the game have been removed from PSN that might be the reason a couple DLC packs are missing. If you have the complete set on PS4, I imagine it should transfer everything over no?

Wow thank you. So the game runs it latest version on the ps5 too, and with all DLC if you had it purchased. Nice!

The cars you see they're forever lost may very well be those club cars. They were just a couple of them or so and in the lesser categories/tiers, so nothing to worry about.

Thanks mate!

The 2 packs he mentioned are released near the end of the game's life I believe: No Limits (R34 GT-R and Civic Type R) and Finish Line (Regera and XJ220). All quite desirable cars and it would be a shame to lose them :(

The 5 club cars (Golf, Conti, M3 GTS, BAC Mono and Zonda R) are still playable now on PS4, assuming you didn't leave your club before the server shutdown. I still grind accolades everyday so I know this. The question is does the PS5 "knows" you've been in a club before?

Honestly, I'd just stick to playing DC on PS4 :lol:

Last edited:
@Shofast did you do a fresh download for Driveclub or transferred your old game data from the PS4? Because the game have been removed from PSN that might be the reason a couple DLC packs are missing. If you have the complete set on PS4, I imagine it should transfer everything over no?

The 2 packs he mentioned are released near the end of the game's life I believe: No Limits (R34 GT-R and Civic Type R) and Finish Line (Regera and XJ220). All quite desirable cars and it would be a shame to lose them :(

The 5 club cars (Golf, Conti, M3 GTS, BAC Mono and Zonda R) are still playable now on PS4, assuming you didn't leave your club before the server shutdown. I still grind accolades everyday so I know this. The question is does the PS5 "knows" you've been in a club before?

Honestly, I'd just stick to playing DC on PS4 :lol:

Yea ive already deleted it from my ps5 as the 800gbs or so is too small. I just beat spiderman miles morales on it and got platinum trophy on astro's playroom this weekend. Also installed Wreckfest, load times are still there but its on par with my pro with 2tb samsung evo ssd installed. Maybe a couple seconds faster side by side but not enough to say "wow thats faster".

My favorite feature of them all is while playing a game, i can go to the cards for a ps5 game and instantly jump right into the start of a mission or home world in a second or so from another game. Play Wreckfest and jump instantly to the middle of a level in Astro's Playroom. Im going to love this gen

I loved Spiderman on PS4 when it came out and playing the Miles Morales version and remaster, and doing fast travel is literally as fast as exiting the pause menu. You click a location and your just there. It will be a wow factor for me for a very long time. I grew up in the early 90s gaming and yea cartridges were instant but thats in under 64mb carts or even alot smaller.
These games are massive, yea the whole map is in cache but still wow.

Last edited:
Hi, i just got my ps5 and i have driveclub with the dlc and driveclub bikes.
When i start driveclub , it loads driveclub bikes, and i have no idea how to start driveclub with the cars??
I wanted to play this, but have no idea how to start the game?

Hi, i just got my ps5 and i have driveclub with the dlc and driveclub bikes.
When i start driveclub , it loads driveclub bikes, and i have no idea how to start driveclub with the cars??
I wanted to play this, but have no idea how to start the game?

Welcome to next gen PS5.

To solve your Driveclub problem you need to complete that first race with the bikes it loads into the game when you start on PS5.

After completion and your back in the menu select to continue or return to main menu and you should be brought back to Driveclub main page, after this if you go to races you should be able to select the cars/bikes option from there.

Will post up a video in a bit if you need a guide that way!

Last edited:
Welcome to next gen PS5.

To solve your Driveclub problem you need to complete that first race with the bikes it loads into the game when you start on PS5.

After completion and your back in the menu select to continue or return to main menu and you should be brought back to Driveclub main page, after this if you go to races you should be able to select the cars/bikes option from there.

Will post up a video in a bit if you need a guide that way!

Thank you, i found it !!

Yes it does, i really like this game.
I just got my PS5, so there is alot to learn where everything is located.
Once again thank you for your help !!

I bought this right after I got my PS5 and I enjoyed it. I haven't played it in about a month as Dynasty Warriors 9 and Avengers have taken up most of my time but I do plan to start back on it soon.

So I have DC and some of the DLC as a PSN purchase. Will it show in the library on PS5 as ready to download?

Back