Driveclub Photographers Showcase (Community FB Group)

• Thread starter xHACHIK0
  • 9 comments
United Kingdom
Wiltshire, UK
SulcataChelone
Hachikata
Initial note to forum moderators. - If this thread in any way breaks the forum rules, then feel free to delete this thread. (I've known one or two forum sites to be against Facebook links)

Hey guys. So, recently I've been looking for a designated Facebook group for keen DC photographers to hang out and share their photos, all in one easy to find place. I had no luck, so I've gone ahead and set one up.

This is a place for "Driveclub photographers" to hang out and view/share their favourite photos from within the game, alongside getting advice from people more accustomed to the photomode on how to achieve a particular photo, or just tips in general for people who have just started using the photomode and would like to improve their photos.

I will be holding weekly (themed) competitions within the group, and they will be judged by the people within the group. While I can't offer any prizes as such, each weeks winning photo will be set as the group cover photo for that week. (Competitions will start once the group starts getting a good amount of members. I.e over 20... It's no fun with just 5 people)

Also, as part of the group, each person will be able to create their own photo album within the group so that people can see all of your photos in one place. You will still be able to post individual photos outside of an album if you wish. I will also be creating a selection of general themed albums (For example - Monochrome, Macro, Artistic, Realistic, etc...) for people to add photos to for those who are interested in seeing many photos of a specific style.

If any of you would like to join, just follow this link, and I'll get you added.

Thanks - Tristan

LINK - https://www.facebook.com/groups/DriveclubPhotos/

I used to post the best of my pictures to FB until the issues with FB and Google Chrome (something I don't use) affected the uploads to FB. Is there a know solution for that yet that you're aware of?

I used to have an issue whereby I couldn't upload photos, but that's long gone now. There is a drop in quality with some photos, however, if you post a link to your Flickr account in your gallery within the group, then people can see the full quality photos.

The drop in quality isn't severe though, and if like me, you upload photos to Facebook, and then download them from Facebook to upload to Flickr, then the quality is fully restored.

As for Google Chrome, I use that for Facebook with no issues.

I used to have an issue whereby I couldn't upload photos, but that's long gone now. There is a drop in quality with some photos, however, if you post a link to your Flickr account in your gallery within the group, then people can see the full quality photos.

The drop in quality isn't severe though, and if like me, you upload photos to Facebook, and then download them from Facebook to upload to Flickr, then the quality is fully restored.

As for Google Chrome, I use that for Facebook with no issues.
Okay, thanks, I'll try the link method then.

Having joined this group, I found last week that I was no longer a member - any idea what went on? I requested to join again but there has been no movement on that front.

I closed it down. there was an admin in another group who has a superiority complex, and disliked that another group had been set up, so tried to zone it out.

In the end I just gave up and shut it down.

I closed it down. there was an admin in another group who has a superiority complex, and disliked that another group had been set up, so tried to zone it out.

In the end I just gave up and shut it down.
Okay.

I may set up a new one that would extend to Driveclub, GT, and Project Cars. I'll let you know if I do. I'll have it organised better this time, but would need some trusted Admins to assist me, so I'm thinking you and R!ce would be fitting there.

I may set up a new one that would extend to Driveclub, GT, and Project Cars. I'll let you know if I do. I'll have it organised better this time, but would need some trusted Admins to assist me, so I'm thinking you and R!ce would be fitting there.
Should be interesting :)

Send me a friend request on Facebook, and I'll talk you through what I have planned. link

Got a few things sorted, such as the name and banner. I'll set up the group now and add you in, then once it's fully constructed - community galleries and such etc, then I'll make it public, and start spreading it around. First stop will be getting Evolution Studios to retweet it on Twitter. That should get at least a bunch of the photographers on twitter involved.

Hopefully I can get it to pick up this time :)

Back