Driveclub Photomode comp discussion

sems4arsenal

Nissan Sunny FTW
Premium
Egypt
Cairo, Egypt
GTP_SEMS
Hello GTPers, with the photomode section open for business, was thinking if there is any interest in a weekly photomode comp (maybe the standard 2.0 and regular one).

So this thread is to see who is up for it, we'll need a host too (better if someone who has done it before).

Share your thoughts.

I can try to host them for a while if you want. It won't be anything flashy, but it could work. :)

What i could do is three comps a week, one edited, one unedited, and one with no restrictions. Sound good?

I can try to host them for a while if you want. It won't be anything flashy, but it could work. :)

What i could do is three comps a week, one edited, one unedited, and one with no restrictions. Sound good?
I think one with no restriction would effectively end up as solely heavy edits anyway - maybe an artistic shot competition, with no editing software.

Ok then. What i will do for now is create one, restrictionless competition. The reason for this is to see the turnout of people, to see if its worth creating more!

Ok, i have create the competition. Not exactly pretty to look at, but i plan to jazz it up a bit, just need a little time :D It is here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/dc-photography-competition-2-0-week-001.323182/ , so feel free to join!

Oh, did i just completely ignore everyone's suggestion? well hopefully my reasoning for this makes sense! This is only for the first week, just to see what happens. For all i know, it could be that only three people enter, in which case the comps would be pointless.

Last edited:
Yeah, i probably won't be doing these anymore :scared:. It was fun for the first few but i am not about to keep them up if i have to ask people or keep them open for extensive periods of time. Sorry guys, it didn't really work out. (i expected this to happen though, so i am not that surprised). :indiff:

Yeah, i probably won't be doing these anymore :scared:. It was fun for the first few but i am not about to keep them up if i have to ask people or keep them open for extensive periods of time. Sorry guys, it didn't really work out. (i expected this to happen though, so i am not that surprised). :indiff:

I agree. I'm not surprised either. I have been busy with other things and I am simply not as interested in DC as I was a few months ago.

However, I really appreciate what you did, even if it didn't last very long.

@Chameleon9000

Oh well well done for trying! 👍 Appreciated

I came across this photo share today linked to the express news over here and I thought you could put your feet up and relax and it was a one in a million photo. New Avatar? :D
Picture from shared link:
http://www.express.co.uk/news/nature/562233/Chameleon-forest-dragon-poses-like-human
copyright: Solent
:bowdown:
Lounging-lizard-562233.jpg

@Chameleon9000

Oh well well done for trying! 👍 Appreciated

I came across this photo share today linked to the express news over here and I thought you could put your feet up and relax and it was a one in a million photo. New Avatar? :D
Picture from shared link:
http://www.express.co.uk/news/nature/562233/Chameleon-forest-dragon-poses-like-human
copyright: Solent
:bowdown:
Lounging-lizard-562233.jpg
I might have to use this actually :D Thanks man!
I agree. I'm not surprised either. I have been busy with other things and I am simply not as interested in DC as I was a few months ago.

However, I really appreciate what you did, even if it didn't last very long.
Shame really, thought more members would be interested but thanks a lot for your time and effort @Chameleon9000
Thanks for the appreciation guys. Again, too bad it didn't work.

Thanks for the appreciation guys. Again, too bad it didn't work.
I'm not so sure that it didn't work, as we'd all sort of reached the natural ceiling of angles etcetera to explore. I'm sure once replays are here, more freedom of creativity will suddenly blossom again...not that there isn't currently a load of creativity...:) well, you know what I mean.

Back