Driveclub Replays discussion(they really aren't good enough)

sems4arsenal

Nissan Sunny FTW
Premium
Egypt
Cairo, Egypt
GTP_SEMS
If there is one flaw to this game I have to say it's the replays, they are and I'm being kind here a dissapointment.

Most of the times the cars aren't focused and a lot of the camera angles are just so generic and boring.

plus the fact there is no slow motion and I think the replay aren't pre-rendered.

This I feel needs improving considering the game is such a looker, pre-rendered replays would be nice and adding enhanced effects and options like slowmotion will make us spend even more hours on this game?

Thoughts?

Agree with you completely, very underwhelming. The last car game I owned was GT4 and what I remember was the focus as if there is nothing more important in the world at that moment than your car.

I think the replays in Driveclub are quite good actually, I have definitely enjoyed watching them. However, they aren't as good as Gran Turismo which has always been king in that area. In DC, you have to press the up button on the d pad so that you just get the trackside cameras, the other camera views are OTT & too arcadish imo. Also, each lap seems to have the exact same trackside camera views which can get tiresome, in GT each lap had it's own different views.

DC replays are good, but can definitely be improved.

👍

I agree with @VBR and actually enjoy watching the replays, especially when set to trackside camera. Okay, I can see how they don't zoom in enough on the vehicles, but the replay mode does that (mostly) and the dynamic camera-shake part of the trackside just feels so much more vibrant than many other game replays seem capable of offering; think of the helicopter fly-by section on the Nurburgring in GT5/6 - that's what I mean.

Maybe therefore some closer in shots from the trackside mode would help engage more people, especially the car nuts ;) and possibly a dynamic rotation of camera views so that it isn't always the same view - but otherwise it is good and enjoyable, well, for me it is :)

An example of what it can be, see the intro trailer for example, imagine if replays looked this good.

I agree wth Sems4arsenal. The replays are the one thing that Gran Turismo does really well, and frankly, the replays in Driveclub are just awful. They shift angles really fast, they hardly ever follow the atual car aside from the static car mounted angles, which aren't interesting in the long run.

My favorite ones from GT was the ones on Nurburgring and Le Sarthe. There also seems to be something weird going on in the sound department during replays.

I agree. I've only had the game for two weeks and immediately noticed how basic and almost crude the replays are. Transitions from one camera to the other are almost abrupt or done at odd places sometimes. And yes not enough focus or closer view of the cars, missed opportunity to showcase the level of detail. Some tracks do have nice camera angles but not many.

So yeah I would enjoy watching the race replays a lot more if they made some changes, as is now I finish the race and move on. I miss that part of the gaming experience from GT, sometimes I drive just to look at the car in replay mode.

Maybe the next version they'll have time to focus on it more.

Back