Driveclub UK Preorder Info.

• Thread starter Brit999
  • 11 comments
gtp_brit999
I have just gone to PSN and preordered Driveclub in the UK. The price was £34.99, and included the Mercedes, Mclaren and RUF special versions.

I am downloading the 17GB file as I type, when it gets here I will update this post to let you know what it shows on the XMB.

I have not been able to add the extra cars to the download queue, but the update file is in the queue.

Update: The file is installed, as is the update file. The cars will not download. When I select Driveclub it gives me a countdown timer until 1 minute after midnight Thursday/Friday. I wonder why they wont let us play?

Last edited:
I have the same. That is when the game is available in the UK. So it has done a preload. They said it would happen 2 days before. Maybe they'll activate it a little early for us. Pre order bonuses will be available once it's playable for our accounts.

On the xmb you can read the manual. That would make a change, I am a man.

Here's the address for frustrated UK players.

http://userguides.eu.playstation.com/en/driveclub

Last edited:
...When I select Driveclub it gives me a countdown timer until 1 minute after midnight Thursday/Friday. I wonder why they wont let us play?
An antiquated release system meets modern technology...ain't nothing going to move fast enough to change that soon.

I have just gone to PSN and preordered Driveclub in the UK. The price was £34.99, and included the Mercedes, Mclaren and RUF special versions.

I am downloading the 17GB file as I type, when it gets here I will update this post to let you know what it shows on the XMB.

I have not been able to add the extra cars to the download queue, but the update file is in the queue.

Update: The file is installed, as is the update file. The cars will not download. When I select Driveclub it gives me a countdown timer until 1 minute after midnight Thursday/Friday. I wonder why they wont let us play?

Did you or anyone else have any luck with the extra cars for the pre order. I try to download each car and get the same "cannot download" message

Did you or anyone else have any luck with the extra cars for the pre order. I try to download each car and get the same "cannot download" message
I happened to be in my garage (in the game, not real life) and as browsed past the RUF the info changed from whatever level I'd need to be to unlock, to a count down in seconds til how long until it was downloaded.

I think the cars were added to the queue, but that the game had to be activated first. In other words, you don't need to go back to the download list in the store, they should be there.

Of course, the flaky servers weren't helping matters, but I did get a full connection just before shutting down for the night after 02:00 which would let me create a club, issue challenges and all of the rest (if I hadn't been so tired.)

Of course, the flaky servers weren't helping matters, but I did get a full connection just before shutting down for the night after 02:00 which would let me create a club, issue challenges and all of the rest (if I hadn't been so tired.)
I wish I had some connection to the server, it feels like there is quite a lot of the game missing from what I was looking forward to. Its quite a nice game even without the server, but it is quite arcade like.

I wonder if I will have to complete the challenges I have done while disconnected so that my friends can do the challenges?

Concerning the cars, I'm not so sure they are there now - unfortunately I have to go out 'for a while' now, but I will check back in on that when I return.

I think Evo mentioned something about challenges stacking up for when the online connectivity is stabilised - I think it was in one of their FB posts over the past few days.

..."He also explained that the three bonus pre-order cars will be fixed “very soon,” while the missing Mercedes AMG GT on the North American store will be available soon, and more precisely within the week."
Cheers, I just found a similar article upon my return.

In the meantime, still having fun with running the races again. Like you said last night, it really is a lot smoother and manageable with the DS4 controller than GT5/6 is with the DS3.

I will say it's a bit of an odd decision to only have limited buttons available as mapable.

Cheers, I just found a similar article upon my return.

In the meantime, still having fun with running the races again. Like you said last night, it really is a lot smoother and manageable with the DS4 controller than GT5/6 is with the DS3.

Yes, it's only last night that I realised how much better the DS4 is for driving games. No cramps at all. Amazon won't deliver my T300rs until the end of the month but I didn't really miss a wheel playing it. Certainly the most fun I've had using a controller in a driving game. Sure it's not a SIM but it does manage to feel really good, especially in the 2 cockpit cams.

Back