Driveclub Weather Bug?

• Thread starter ital92
  • 3 comments
Mexico
Mexico
LION-SH
Hi, I noticed that recently the "overcast" and "clear" sky patterns are almost identical within the "very strong" rainy weather. Is this a bug? I firmly believe that the game used to have more beautiful (and different) sceneries when you chose "clear" and "strong rain" settings. Is there any way to have extremely clear sky with strong rain at the same time? What is more, was it possible even once or am I crazy?

Hi, I noticed that recently the "overcast" and "clear" sky patterns are almost identical within the "very strong" rainy weather. Is this a bug? I firmly believe that the game used to have more beautiful (and different) sceneries when you chose "clear" and "strong rain" settings. Is there any way to have extremely clear sky with strong rain at the same time? What is more, was it possible even once or am I crazy?
There were a few events set up by Evolution where the rain had fallen but the sky was clear leaving a very wet track in bright sunlight; by using their magical development tools - but for us mere mortals, by definition, you can't really have a clear sky and falling heavy rain as there should be no clouds for the rain to fall from. You could experiment with the elapsed time factor to speed up or slow down the appearance of cloud/clear skies.

Last edited:
The game actually has localised dynamic weather, so if you choose heavy rain, the rain itself will always fall from clouds, and decently dense clouds at that. The clouds' density determines how much rain will fall from them. The simulation of the weather is actually one of the best parts of Driveclub. When it starts raining on a circuit, the rain will usually come in from one direction. If you park up and watch the clouds, you can accurately predict where the rain will start, based on where the most dense looking clouds are coming in from. You can have it raining heavily on one part of the track, and completely dry, even with pockets of blue sky, on the other side.

Basically, forget everything you know about videogame weather, because DC's weather acts incredibly realistic.

Back