Which Camera View You Prefer?

• 1st Person / Cockpit

• 3rd Person / Chase Camera

• Other? Hood Camera

Results are only viewable after voting.
United Kingdom
London
SiTheBugski
So guys I recently got my hands on DC and I do quite like the game itself, now I've been hearing a fair amount of people moaning about the game, etc.. Because of it's lack of cars/contents. But I don't mind that at all, because either way its a great game with some amazing graphics. And besides, real racers will appreciate just how detailed this game really is.

but more to the point, I want to do a Let's Play on my YouTube channel for the game and I'm kinda split between deciding which camera views to pick for the LP to help the audience get a good feeling of the game aswell as to enjoy the graphics, scenery, etc..

So the question is (Which Camera View Would Be Best Enjoyable To Watch?)

Please vote your answers in the poll,
Thank you for your time!

Hood camera but mostly because it allows you still maintain almost 1st person and the sounds of the cars are incredible. When using the cockpit/interior views, the sounds of the car are bit muffled for me. I do love detailed interiors though. My only other complaint with the cockpit view is that the hand and arm movements are way too twitchy when using a controller. They're much more controlled/normal when using a wheel instead of a controller. Would be nice if they smoothed the hand and arm movements with a controller because its quite distracting in the cockpit view.

Last edited:
Why not wait until replays are a part of the game if you can't decide, as you can then pick and choose which view you use according to the moment then - that way you get to cover all angles.

I prefer the chase camera because it's more an arcade racer than simulation (I'm playing with controller). But sometime I like to play in cockpit perspective if the handling of the car is good. Ferrari for example.

I tend to use the first cockpit camera as I can see a bit more of the road than the second camera where I can see the dials.

That dash cam (hope GT7 has something like that) and the 3rd person view when using fast cars.

cockpit view only for me seeing the dials and steering wheel-I can get near enough the same times in other views- but I feel I have more control in this view as this is how I have always driven sims and all other views seem more unstable to me and arcade like (chase cam) although when I tried chase cam for a time trial managed to shave a second off! somehow I but still prefer the cockpit view.👍

cockpit view only for me seeing the dials and steering wheel-I can get near enough the same times in other views- but I feel I have more control in this view as this is how I have always driven sims and all other views seem more unstable to me and arcade like (chase cam) although when I tried chase cam for a time trial managed to shave a second off! somehow I but still prefer the cockpit view.👍
I lose so much time in chase cam, I just crash into everything in that view but cockpit view feels just right

There is a distinct difference in handling between the views. I'm like a lot of you, driver's view is my preference, yet I like the other 'cockpit' view, close up to the windscreen...even if it does make me feel like a little kid from that low angle :D

I have taken to using the bonnet view during extreme downpours, and definitely for heavy snowfall in Norway, at night.

There is a distinct difference in handling between the views. I'm like a lot of you, driver's view is my preference, yet I like the other 'cockpit' view, close up to the windscreen...even if it does make me feel like a little kid from that low angle :D

I have taken to using the bonnet view during extreme downpours, and definitely for heavy snowfall in Norway, at night.
I just adore the detail in the cockpits. Down to the sounds the wipers make and the little black markings on the windowscreen on the Renault Clio.

Hood cam for now, until I finally get a steering wheel that's works for the ps4, then it shall be cockpit

I prefer playing with the bonnet view but for a Let's Play I think third person would work best as it would offer viewers a little bit more to look at and perhaps keep them watching in awe due to those awesome visuals.

Most of the time I use cockpit view, occasionally chase cam. Latter I have used mainly when I have unlocked new cars in game and wanted to see how they feel/act and how they look in action (using BHR-track for that). I find chase cam also useful when learning tracks and the tricky parts of them. Hood camera is only my third choice, and I don't use that very often. For now I play with pad, but I'm seriously considering purchasing a decent driving wheel. It is interesting to see if using a driving wheel will change my personal camera view preferences...of course I don't want to buy a steering wheel for just one game - so let's hope that pCARS will be a fantastic driving game! (and GT7 too in some distant future :))

I only use the bonnet cam. No matter how hard I try, I can't seem to drive with any other camera. In the chase camera, I spin out and in cockpit it feels like I'm cornering too slow!

Chase cam for me, it's an arcade racer.

Cockpit or hood/bumper cam is my usual race setup though... but like I said, this is arcade.

Hood when playing for serious. Cockpit when I play normally. Dashcam when inbetween, chase cam when looking at the scenery, I don't like playing on chase cam unless its a completely arcady game.

Back