Driver name

• Thread starter SMITHY77
  • 8 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Didnt know where to post this so started a new thread

Has anyone managed to input their own real name when customising the driver details.

Mine on the ps4 is locked to my username, the first name and surname boxes cannot be changed unlike the co-do driver fields

It just makes it a little poor when doing championship mode and instead of seeing your name on the table it just has your psn username instead

Has anyone managed to fix this or it just something we have to live with

Has anyone managed to input their own real name when customising the driver details.

Mine on the ps4 is locked to my username, the first name and surname boxes cannot be changed unlike the co-do driver fields

It just makes it a little poor when doing championship mode and instead of seeing your name on the table it just has your psn username instead

Just flawed game design

I managed to input it once on Xbox, however it only saved my initials, not my driver name.

I'm wondering if this has more to do with Xbox/PS privacy rules than anything. Although theoretically that shouldn't matter for single player modes

Yes it works, I got mine changed I not sure if any posted the solution on here but it's possible.
You have to search for it.
Ps4

I tried to change mine in the customise driver screen as there's empty boxes for it, but I couldn't type in them.

on the screen at bottom make sure you are on the centre of the team not your team mates left and right.

Go to either suit or helmet colour edit to where it shows the colour palette. Don't change anything but come back out. You should now be able to change the abbreviation.
You can also change the driver name, but going back in after saving, it doesn't save. I think that's cos it's linked to your gamer tag.
But the abbreviation will save

Go to either suit or helmet colour edit to where it shows the colour palette. Don't change anything but come back out. You should now be able to change the abbreviation.
You can also change the driver name, but going back in after saving, it doesn't save. I think that's cos it's linked to your gamer tag.
But the abbreviation will save

Just tried what you said, and i have now been able to change driver abbreviation. Thanks

It would let me change name details as well but they dont save

Last edited:
Back