• Thread starter zzz_pt
  • 4 comments

zzz_pt

Premium
Germany
Porto living in Hamburg
zzz_pt
Heyho,

Didn't find a thread focused on the DR and SR, so I opened this one. If there's one already, please feel free to move this post there (thank you).

___

I just noticed that DR & SR will drop if you don't race in Sport Mode for a few days. When I transfered my DR and SR from the demo they came: DR B at around 80% (close to A) and SR S (we can't see any progress bar on our profile).

Since I got the game yesterday, I've been mainly doing offline stuff, taking some pictures and I made a few races in Sport Mode (only the Gr.4 ones at Suzuka, since the other ones suck). I didn't lose DR and SR on track though - no red D or S at the end of the races. In fact I got some blue for SR. Because of this, I now have: DR B at around 35% (closer to C) and SR A

So, these ratings are pretty unstable. If you happen to get a busy week or if the races suck (as they do this week), you either drop your DR and SR or you have to find time and patience to go and do some races just to keep the ratings more or less at the same level. I imagine the higher the ratings the faster it will drop - didn't test it ofc.

I hope the races change more than once a week. Otherwise people won't have as much fun as they could have if they have to race boring combos for the sake of not losing their ratings.

Tomorrow I'll go back to Suzuka and maybe try the Civic...(I have FF cars). Oval? Not any time soon. I kinda want to see how many races I take to go back to SR S and if I can get to DR A or not.

What do you think about the system atm?

:cheers:

ps: I just want to add that I think this system is good. This thread is only related to the rate at which the ratings drop and if that's reasonable or not.

Last edited:
I haven’t done too many races yet but from what I’ve seen, the SR is a bit unfair at times. I’ve had people bump me from behind or divebomb me and I ended up getting penalized on SR (I’m assuming the orange SR logo that pops up during races means it drops and green means it increases?)

Other than that, I really like the system a lot and it seems to be creating some fun and close racing.

I've found since I was a high B and Now A, the penalty is way more forgiving. I don't get penalized if rear ended or if I slight contact.

Hoping it isn't a fluke , but this happened after the refresh today, so it could be an overhaul or it really is more forgiving the higher you rate.

You sure that happens? Mine is still B/A for me and I have yet to race Sport Mode. Maybe it will drop after these coming days since I'll be at COTA this weekend.

Back