Driver rating or drivers ed?

United States
United States
(Do not respond to this if you don't have a real drivers license)
Does anyone else find that we are treated more like we are in drivers ed than race driver training? We get points for being good "sportsman" instead of just penalized for truly harmful behaviors. We have repeat offenders who aren't blocked from competing or banned. In formal racing they would be. We get ticky tack penalties like drivers ed instructors saying we need to merge slower and always use a turn signal. For example there seems to be a theme where passive, share the road drivers and game developers profess we should move over for someone. What? If we are racing it's your job to pass me, not be allowed around me. I won't block you, not even for a win, but you gotta find a way to pass and do it CLEAN. That's racing at all levels and that's driving skill. (This doesn't apply to lapped drivers or those in the back of the pack that clearly don't know the track and panic break in every turn). Real drivers don't flash lights they just get around me.

Also, SR is still a mess. A guy went sideways, wrecked in front of me and came back on the track crazy like a 13yr old with a vette, perpendicular to the track and T-boned me racing full speed on the far side of the straight and I got a 2 sec penalty!?
Because I didn't stop, get out, change his tire and Comfort him!?
How about when you have a guy TRYING to pass you and he runs a turn low and inside at way to high a speed, slides up the track wide to the back of the turn and hits you (staying high trying to avoid him) in your rear quarter panel and I get a penalty!? When a guy hits me (off traditional line) in my rear quarter panel (police pit maneuver) it's more likely to wreck me than him and it's his error. Not mine.

Back