Driver Swap?

• Thread starter fortbo
  • 6 comments
You have to wait for the AI to pit and then hit swap driver again. It's easiest to do if you have "Request Pit Stop" mapped to a button so you can just call them right back in, but if not, you just have to wait it out. Once the AI comes in you have all of the usual settings and choices for a pit stop so just hit swap again and you'll be back in control.

How does this work if you and your friends are planning on sharing the driving from home?

Does the game just assume your (one driver) staying out? While you toss the controller to another friend while they do they're stint?

How does this work if you and your friends are planning on sharing the driving from home?

Does the game just assume your (one driver) staying out? While you toss the controller to another friend while they do they're stint?

Wait, what do you mean? So you and your friend would be together playing on one console/PC and you're wondering how you would switch and have the game recognize it? Well there really is no way for the game to know that 2 human players are driving the same car. You guys could just do it like a real enduro and swap drivers during a pit stop, just don't actually hit the "swap driver" option or else the AI is going to take over the car for you.

ah yeh i see.. sorry reading this back it sounds like a stupid question. Yeh i was meaning if me and my friend where on the same console.

However, i never realised the possibility of sharing an endurance race online! that sounds tricky

You have to wait for the AI to pit and then hit swap driver again. It's easiest to do if you have "Request Pit Stop" mapped to a button so you can just call them right back in, but if not, you just have to wait it out. Once the AI comes in you have all of the usual settings and choices for a pit stop so just hit swap again and you'll be back in control.
are you sure you have to hit swap driver to switch back to user also? 'cuz i hit it and i didn't get user control back. do you think it swaps back automatically?

Back