Drivers Wanted!!!

• Thread starter opendriver
  • 21 comments
I have been doing this test on EVO vs STI and it came up to a really close, almost the same, result. So I wanted to take it a step further here and I wanted to test it myself but, driving styles and user prefernces are fairly large. SO I want to, just like C&D, assemble a team( 6 drivers) to test both of the cars and give results.

What to tune and where:

The two cars that aregoing to be tested are the Subaru impreza STI '02 and the mitubishi EVO8 GSR

Im going to let 3 drivers have the STI and 3 drivers have the EVO. Which one you will get depends on which one you want to drive. Its on a first....post first come basis, post and let me know which one you want to drive and ill put it in the "drivers" section that ill add once we get drivers. please not that this is limted to 6 drivers, preferably WRS'ers, but it doesnt have to be. Also tunning comp judges will do to:)

Enogh of that, let me tell you where you are going to be driving at/testing at:

============UPDATED RESULTS==============
EVO-STI
Power(hp):

Weight:

Skid pad:

0-60mph( or 100km/h)

0-400m

0-1000m

Power to weight ratio:

Top speed:

Track times:

The "ultimate" track, trial moutian:

Nurburing:

Tahiti maze:

Tskuba wet:

These are just lap times and perfomance. Here ae the parts you need to buy:

sports exhaust
sports brakes
racing chip
S3's(for the road only)
heavy duty single plate clutch
sports flywheel
lightweight stage 1
roll cage
sport suspension
wing

Buy the same parts for the same car

All test must be done on S3's and NO AIDS

If you have any questions regard test dates, times, whatever, PM me and ill let you know. I would like to have this test done within the next 2-3 weeks, no rush, take your time.

****DRIVERS SO FAR****
GeorgeMorley
DE
InsaneRacer
Dave_George
Holdenhsvgtsr​

I'll take an Evo.

How much downforce can we add using the wing?

And I'll suck at the Nurburgring and Tahiti Maze tests, so expect some bad times there.

I'll take an Evo.

How much downforce can we add using the wing?

And I'll suck at the Nurburgring and Tahiti Maze tests, so expect some bad times there.

OK

Just the standard 0-20 that comes with it, no adjusting

Im avaragin the times, if you such at a certain track, dont do it, it throws off the final times

Im intrested too, and i'll take an STI.

Am i wright in thinking that if a parts not mentioned in the list of parts to buy you leave it stock?
sorry if the questions lame just thought i'd ask the question sooner rather than later

Umm, unfortunately, despite all the detailed information, your test is going to be flawed. The driver is still the biggest variable and you do not have drivers sampling both cars. When C/D or somebody does a comparison, they make sure every driver tries every car, then they average the results and ratings.

So really you need to have all 6 drivers post times for both cars, then average the results to remove the driving ability as a variable in the comparison.

I'll take the evo. Also, like Duke said, it would be better if the drivers tested both cars, and not have driving skill be a factor.

Umm, unfortunately, despite all the detailed information, your test is going to be flawed. The driver is still the biggest variable and you do not have drivers sampling both cars. When C/D or somebody does a comparison, they make sure every driver tries every car, then they average the results and ratings.

So really you need to have all 6 drivers post times for both cars, then average the results to remove the driving ability as a variable in the comparison.

OK, I think that sounds better. To have the same driver give 2 dofferent opinions is better than one that is one sided twords another car

So from here on, ALL 6 DRIVERS WILL BE DRIVING THE SAME CAR

As I mentioned in the first post, I will be hand-picking the drivers.If you want to be a driver please include some sort of acomplishment( WTC winner or tester, or WRS DIV 1-3)

I'm in agreement with Duke.

Dark Elite /// Subaru Impreza & Mitsubishi Evo

DE

Hi,

Would be interested in comparing these two, am opening my own thread on the subject also.

Interested in how they compare when tuned.

My credentials:

Organiser of the Nurburgring race series (successfull 17wk series last year)

Author of GT4 vs Real - An investigation of times (search under gt4 section - detailed 50 page article on how gt4 compares to real life)

Tuning competition week 1 judge

Virtual track day 1 and 2 member and competitor running 3 tuned cars in each series.

regards

David

Ok, good stuff guys, I added InsaneRacer and Dave Goerge to the list. 2 more drivers and we will comence testing!:)

I will be back on sunday, so if I dont reply, you know why

Thanks for all of your help!

what about me :P i did vtd1 and the first race of vtd2 before gettin ready for college and family visiting stopped me :( also won the prologue championship a couple of years ago :)

Dispite not having enough drivers, well at least as much as I wanted, I sent a message to the drivers and told them to begin testing

expect the results within the next week:)

Comments or questions are welcome

Dispite not having enough drivers, well at least as much as I wanted, I sent a message to the drivers and told them to begin testing

expect the results within the next week:)

Comments or questions are welcome

Thanks for the message Opendriver, will start on this hopefully very soon.

Looks to me like we are testing with a "Heavy trackday" sort of spec, should be interesting, the brakes might not make much difference though with S3 tyres but will fit them anyway.

regards

David

Power(hp): evo-358BHP impreza-361bhp

Weight: evo-1283kg impreza-1310kg

Skid pad: evo-1.3 impreza-1.3

0-60mph( or 100km/h) evo-4.2 impreza-4.0

0-400m evo-12.464 impreza-12.560

0-1000m evo-22.809 impreza-22.932

Power to weight ratio: evo-3.589 impreza-3.626

Top speed: evo-170mph impreza-175mph

Track times:

The "ultimate" track, trial moutian: evo-1:40.558 impreza-1:41.044