Driving aids on the NASCAR championship

  • Thread starter Thread starter TURNER_042
  • 11 comments
  • 1,008 views
Messages
245
England
London, England
Messages
JTURNER_042
I've competed the NASCAR championship before, but since my ps3 broke, i'm having to do it again. One question i have though, is there a way to turn off the driving aid that is locked on during these races?
I'm a real nascar fan, and love trying to control the throttle through the turns at Indianapolis, to get as close to the wall as possible. However, this is impossible with this driving aid on. Its possibly the most frustrating thing in the game for me. I think its ASM or skid recovery force, i cant remember.

So is there a way to turn this off, or am i going to have to get incredibly frustrated every time i turn the wheel as my speed drops stupendously?
 
I have the "additional controls" button set to the L3 button. (The one where you can change the brake balance etc whilst driving) ASM is in there, and I believe it's locked to ON from the external menu, but you can turn it off from the additional controls.
 
ahh ok i'll give it a try, thanks
 
Think it's locked off there too. There's a big thread about it somewhere, in which somebody suggested turning the brake balance to 0 / 0 which apparently has the same effect.
I'm sooo glad I golded them all before it was forced on!
 
i just tried and yeah, its locked on there too. I know, the first time i did it waay back in november it was fine. Its a stupid idea.
 
Try the brake balance trick, it's supposed to be nearly as good. Good luck!
 
The brake balance trick didnt work. I can win the race 002, thats not hard, its just the actual driving experience. I like having full control over my car, rather than have a computer control it for me.
 
i know this is bull$h!t only having trouble on the Expert Special Events, daytona i cant even bronze.... Why PD, Why AMS?
 
i know this is bull$h!t only having trouble on the Expert Special Events, daytona i cant even bronze.... Why PD, Why AMS?

That´s the only thing , PD could slow you permanent down that the new "improved" boosted AI can keep up with you.

btw the new AI is totally rubbish.The worst AI i´ve seen in GT.


raVer
 
I got Golded Expert Daytona and Indy with ABS stuck at 10 but that was some time ago and they might have fixed that too.
 
I got to do the NASCAR championship when we could still turn ABS to 0, but for the NASCAR Special events I had to set ABS to 10 and then brake bias to 0/0 and that seemed to work equally well (or at least close enough). I haven't tried that technique for the championship races, but would imagine it would work just the same there as well.
 
Back