Driving around the track backwards

SkylineObsession

Expert daydreamer
Premium
Messages
4,283
New Zealand
New Zealand
Messages
SkylineObsession
Messages
Mangosaurus
Hopefully this hasn't been posted already (search came up with not too much in the way of what i was looking for).

Does anyone here try something different for a change and drive around a track the wrong way? On tracks that you normally can only race in one direction of course.

I've done this in every GT game, and its almost like a new track in a way, because the driving lines, hills, camber/corners etc are all completely different so it brings a certain freshness to the game.

Haven't really done it yet in GT5, but the thought came to me when watching Bob race around Nurburgring the other day.
 
I tried it once but it gets boring quick only going 50 miles per hour.
 
Get a faster car then? ;)
 
Have you ever come across online people driving backwards just to piss others off :)
 
Have you ever come across online people driving backwards just to piss others off :)
No, but this topic isn't about that and don't want it to end up that way.

But yeah, i pretty much never race online cos i don't usually find anyone from NZ/Australia to race. I've done a couple of 'free run' type online races, but we were all mainly just drifting around the track, so it was chaos anyway. ;)

EDIT: I meant driving around the track backwards, not driving around the track in reverse gear. ;)
 
I'm pretty sure every car is limited to 50 in reverse unless i'm missing something.

he means turning around at the start and driving normal...not putting it into reverse
 
Hm...No I haven't, I've had a few friends that did though. They would only do it in their lounge though, and only after I and whoever else was there said it was ok with them. It was funny for awhile, but they eventually returned going to the proper way around the track.
 
Driving up the corkscrew gets pretty ballsy... and fun with a high-powered car. :dopey:
 
Annoying with that wrong way symbol flashing like crazy though.
 
Oh yeah, the corkscrew was awesome back in the GT2/3 days - big air. :D
 
I've messed around in practice mode, usually at the TG test track. It is different, however it felt wrong... I would go along 1 straight, maybe 1 turn at the end of it and then NEED to turn around again...
 
EDIT: I meant driving around the track backwards, not driving around the track in reverse gear. ;)

I meant driving the track around, not in reverse gear, at full speed smashing on everybody's face :)

Has happened me lot's of times.
 
Oh, that part of my reply wasn't meant for you. ;) Shoulda quoted the other poster.
 
No, but this topic isn't about that and don't want it to end up that way.

But yeah, i pretty much never race online cos i don't usually find anyone from NZ/Australia to race. I've done a couple of 'free run' type online races, but we were all mainly just drifting around the track, so it was chaos anyway. ;)

EDIT: I meant driving around the track backwards, not driving around the track in reverse gear. ;)

Oh ok. Yeah I do that alot.
 
driving on the nurb backwards at night in my lounge makes it glitch and the track dont show
 
I did this on Prologue to freshen it up.

Cote D'Azur should be reverse as it is supposedly a fantasy track, I would love to run all the real tracks in reverse.
 
Did it in practice and to get back at AI for wrecking me (momentary high speed head-on collision satisfaction). Anywho, I always thought that would be a cool option to have to change up the events, say after completing LVL 40...
 
I did this on Prologue to freshen it up.

Cote D'Azur should be reverse as it is supposedly a fantasy track, I would love to run all the real tracks in reverse.

How's it a "fantasy track", it's the course from the Monaco Grand Prix isn't it?
 
How's it a "fantasy track", it's the course from the Monaco Grand Prix isn't it?

It is, but due to no licensing, its technically a fictional course representing a real location. This is similar to the High Speed Ring and Fuji Speedway before the layout change. HSR in reverse is almost identical to the old Fuji's layout.
 
Back