Driving characteristics online vs offline

Hologram777
Not sure if its just me experiencing this or not but whenever im test tuning a setup offline in the practice for nurburgring i do great with my cars setup, but when i go into an online lobby for the same track and conditions i can never do as good, i seem to either oversteer or understeer or not able to take corners as fast or take them faster than usual and crash.

Now before you guys mention drafting and how far the other car is ahead, i want to just say it still happens even when the car ahead is nowhere in sight. And driving pressure is not an issue at all if you are last and having these issues.

This also happens when im the host as well and have the quality of game set very high...so i dunno if its just me or if anyone else has this same sort of issue and it just hasn't been brought up?

I noticed that when the room is full whit 12-16 players the track is very, very slipery..not that slipery when is 6,7 players in the room.. so is the phuisics offline the right one..?

I noticed that when the room is full whit 12-16 players the track is very, very slipery..not that slipery when is 6,7 players in the room.. so is the phuisics offline the right one..?

I was racing dirty Nascar yesterday and I only wiped out when I smashed someone or I was being smashed. Offline I can't even turn without a ton of Aids on.

I have to say, I tried practising for a championship as a super gt car. I went for a stiff suspension setup offline, because it felt great. However online it felt awful, and i could go 2 seconds faster, on suzuka short, with much softer settings.

Ecchi-BANZAII!!
Online has the more slippery and better physics.
Offline has the un-updated arcade mario kart physics.
So the online is the better one.

Thanks for clearing that up, I was wondering which one was best.

Is it the offline that prevents roll over on cars then?

I'm not sure but I know one prevents roll over.

Spagetti69
Thanks for clearing that up, I was wondering which one was best.

Is it the offline that prevents roll over on cars then?

I'm not sure but I know one prevents roll over.

Following you today ;)

Online has no rollovers.

Other than that i think they are relatively the same. What people are feeling imo is a fuel wieght and tire degradation. I know im the minority and probably just opened a can if worms.

Online physics are not the same from race to race.There are HUGE differenses between races and thats one thing that makes online racing a misery.+that stupid lose of grip.Cas idea of 'thinking the death'?Anyway,its unconsistent.(G27)

* tire wear
* fuel weight
* tire temp

There are no differences from race to race, only differences between different lobbies. If you run with all aids off, tire wear on, and grip reduction set to real, you'll realize every lobby that runs these settings will behave the same.

If you are handicapped by skid recovery, traction control, and other aids...then online racing will seem inconsistent as lobby hosts enable/disable these.

It's not that offline racing has an arcade engine...it is just that the tires don't run the same temperatures and grip levels as they wear down. If your tune exploits your rear tires by drifting around every corner, after a few laps your rear tires will lose some grip causing an unbalance in the handling. The car will begin to oversteer more and more each lap. Go back and adjust your LSD and suspension settings to even out tire wear and you'll last a lot longer.

I think the online physics are the best of the two. When I drive my FGT offline I hardly have to brake, it just goes round the corners like I am playing a rubbish arcade game from the early 90's (but with better graphics).
Dont start on me for using the FGT as an example, I used it because I race in the FGTC and have a lot of experience in this car.

online there's a slight control lagg you dont feel it because its slight but it does throw you of a bit =P
physics are the same aside from the fact you cant flip online

well that's quite a difference having stabilisers on.

Just because there are limits to how far the cars can fly away from the ground on jumps or rolls doesn't mean they behave differently when they are on it. Having one side 3 feet in the air isn't generally the fast way through a corner, though it may be good fun.

I don't know what the purpose is for the online physics not letting you roll or jump as well, but I won't just assume from that that the whole thing is different. With tire wear and fuel off it feels about the same as offline to me. Fuel weight sloshing about makes a HUGE difference. However I haven't run a lot of full tire and fuel enabled one-make or arcade races to be able to actually claim they are the same as online. I usually offline just run practice or A-Spec races which never have the same settings as I use 99% of the time online. And I know a lot of people swear it's different.

Also to the OP, done to death, probably should try the search function or there will be a scolding coming.

Spagetti69
Offline, runs near to empty fuel tanks?

Id say around mid tank in my experience. Atleast thats where i find the handling pretty close to the same and run my best laps.

There is more grip offline/less grip online. It's not tire wear or fuel either as I've seen so many people say, otherwise in the second and third lap online it would be the same as offline and then slowly declining from there as the tires wear and that is not the case.

It could be caused by lag, or a different physics engine or a little purple man hiding in my PS3 but I don't really care why. Once I discovered this way back when, I switched to doing all my tuning in an online lobby and problem solved. Most online tunes will work offline anyway and I hardly ever run anything offline but seasonals which are a joke anyway so tuning doesn't really matter there.

Johnnypenso
There is more grip offline/less grip online. It's not tire wear or fuel either as I've seen so many people say, otherwise in the second and third lap online it would be the same as offline and then slowly declining from there as the tires wear and that is not the case.

It could be caused by lag, or a different physics engine or a little purple man hiding in my PS3 but I don't really care why. Once I discovered this way back when, I switched to doing all my tuning in an online lobby and problem solved. Most online tunes will work offline anyway and I hardly ever run anything offline but seasonals which are a joke anyway so tuning doesn't really matter there.

This 👍

yeah ive been having to start doing my tuning online which i think is kinda lame...i wish the physics were the same offline/online, esp when the network is down and i wanna do some testing of my own and come back online and try them out. but i do agree that online i have a slower time compared to offline tuned cars. i personally think it does have less grip, esp during the first long right hand turn at the Nurburgring, i can go full throttle in all my tuned cars but when i go online, i have to control the throttle.

oh well im glad its cleared up now

Back