Driving Force GT + Online Disconnection Issues?

  • Thread starter Thread starter KyrieVR
  • 6 comments
  • 1,372 views
Messages
4
I just got a Driving Force GT today and was having some weird connection issues while trying to play online with it.

If I start up my PS3 / GT5 with my Driving Force GT connected and try and join an online lobby, I immediately get disconnected after 1 or 2 laps (sometimes disconnected as I leave pit road) or about 2 minutes of idling in the lobby, or I get network incompatibility errors and I'm not able to join games at all.

Strangely however, if I don't have my DFGT connected, I can join lobbies and play just fine with my sixaxis. I can even connect my DFGT once I've joined a lobby and play with it, without getting disconnected.

It's only when I have the DFGT connected before I join a lobby where I run into these disconnection issues. My PS3's NAT type is 2 so i'm extremely confused and have no idea what can be causing this.

Has anyone encountered this? I've searched everywhere on google and found nothing.
 
Hi, ive had this problem too.
I have a DFGT and its all i ever play with, i also tried to play online on the third day after release. I got disconnected aswell after about 2 laps. I dont think it has anything to do with the wheel though, but could do?
I can now play online OK without being kicked after 2 laps. Have another try, it could work :)
cheers,
Matt
 
I'll give it another shot today, it was just weird though, because when I switched to pad it worked fine.
 
Still having the same issues. Just dealing with it for now and entering lobbies with my sixaxis and plugging in my wheel once I'm in. No disconnections if I do that.
 
Thats good, infact i do that. I use to pad to navigate the menus and then use my DFGT to race. The zoom thing on the pad is really usefull :)
 
Yeah. Kind of annoying but it's better than getting disconnected.
 
Haven't had any issues with mine yet, but last night was my first venture online. I'll come back here with details if I start having any issues.
 
Back