Driving Force GT setup for Formula1 2011 PS3 Game

• Thread starter tiagobolo
  • 11 comments
tiagobolo
Any suggestions for advanced wheel adjustments for Formula1 2011 PS3 game using a Logitech Driving Force GT wheel? I don't know if it is the game that is that bad or it is just a matter or wheel adjustment. The only game I ever played before is GT5 and man, the difference is absurd. Is there a way to make this F1 2011 any better or am I gonna have to trash it? Thanks people.

I have the Logitech DFGT and it is supported in the menu for wheel settings. You won't have to adjust anything settings as far as I can tell.

Hope this helps :)

Im aware that there is a driving force gt option on the manu but it is a horrible one. I could make it a little better already but far from good. Im convinced that the game drivability that is that bad compared to GT5. Thanks for the reply

Im aware that there is a driving force gt option on the manu but it is a horrible one. I could make it a little better already but far from good. Im convinced that the game drivability that is that bad compared to GT5. Thanks for the reply

Have you tried changing the In Game Advanced Wheel Settings? You can alter the response and feel of the wheel quite significantly there.

Have you tried changing the In Game Advanced Wheel Settings? You can alter the response and feel of the wheel quite significantly there.

Yes sir. Let me ask you one thing... have you ever played GT5? Whats your opinion when it comes to realism comparing these two games. I don't want to waste time trying to make the wheel as good on F1 2011 than in GT5 if it is not going to be possible anyway. I love F1 and thats why Im willing to give it a try but if GT5 is really that better, Im getting rid of the F1 2011 and sticking to GT5 only. Thanks brother.

Yes sir. Let me ask you one thing... have you ever played GT5? Whats your opinion when it comes to realism comparing these two games. I don't want to waste time trying to make the wheel as good on F1 2011 than in GT5 if it is not going to be possible anyway. I love F1 and thats why Im willing to give it a try but if GT5 is really that better, Im getting rid of the F1 2011 and sticking to GT5 only. Thanks brother.

I've driven 63,000 + miles in GT5.

My opinion, F1 2011 is a step up realism wise from F1 2010, but a step down from GT5.

I have a Fanatec GT2 and am just getting it and the game tweaked to my liking. I take it slow, change one thing and do a bunch of laps. That way I can understand the affects of the change I made. Currently, I'm messing with the Sensitivity and am almost there.

I've yet to get it to the point I'm completely happy, but I am happy with the general feel and response of the car.

More tweaking tonight :)

I've driven 63,000 + miles in GT5.

My opinion, F1 2011 is a step up realism wise from F1 2010, but a step down from GT5.

I have a Fanatec GT2 and am just getting it and the game tweaked to my liking. I take it slow, change one thing and do a bunch of laps. That way I can understand the affects of the change I made. Currently, I'm messing with the Sensitivity and am almost there.

I've yet to get it to the point I'm completely happy, but I am happy with the general feel and response of the car.

More tweaking tonight :)

That is what I am doing and experiencing setting up my G 25.

My opinion, you can improve your wheel set up so its not impossible; just follow kcheeb's advice; or buy a more expensive wheel :crazy:

I bought a G27 and returned it because it is not worth the money when compared to a Driving Force GT which cost half of the price and its used on all GT5 official events including the GT academy. What did I do to return my G27 with no costs? Broke it doing the Vettel Challenge on GT5! hahahaha but thats another story. I bought my DFGT used for $80 almost new and in warranty still. Im an opportunist you know. I had a G25 before and I liked that one but the G27 sucks. Heard good things about the Fanatec but I'm waiting till my DFGT is dead. Thanks for the replies guys.

i just plugged my DFGT in and started driving... i dont find it in anyway bad or buggy... havent had to adjust anything yet except for which buttons do what.

i just plugged my DFGT in and started driving... i dont find it in anyway bad or buggy... havent had to adjust anything yet except for which buttons do what.

Indeed.

I tried using my settings from F1 2010 and the car was all over the place.

Honestly the default settings are the best. All deadzone and saturation settings should be 0 (unless you really want a deadzone in steering), and then I kept linearity at 10% because it makes the steering around the center a little less sensitive so you can make more precise adjustments.

The thing I'd really like to change is the degrees of rotation, which seems to be stuck at 200 degrees. (You should notice when turning that the wheel turns normally in either direction to about 100 degrees and then it feels like you're hitting a force-feedback increase. I'm 99% sure that any steering past this amount isn't registered any differently from when it's turned 100 degrees.) Anyone that watches F1 will have seen a driver turning the wheel almost 180 degrees for a hairpin corner.... but in the game you can only turn it 100 degrees.

As for this vs. GT5, at first I was also really disappointed in this game. After 2 days of playing I'm getting more used to it. And I think the handling for the F1 car is quite a bit better than in GT5, especially with the tire simulation and wet/dry weather. The huge problem IMO is that the framerate is too low for the game to feel realistic. And then the second problem is the slight input delay. But I really think if I had this for PC, running at 60fps, it would be awesome. Unfortunately I only have a laptop.

Last edited:
Back