Driving Force GT with GIMX

Hello there, how are you doing?
Just a quick question for anyone using the old DFGT on PS4 with GT Sport using this method:

http://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=DIY_USB_adapter_for_dummies

Is it working nowadays? I've read some comments about not working anymore, and I'm about to put the adapter together. Thing is, in my country is REALLY expensive to buy the different parts, so, I wanted to be sure before I buy everything.
Thanks in advance.

Look into a DriveHub by a CollectiveMinds, I used my DFGT for the first few months of GTS and it worked great. Maybe it can be a cheaper option for you. Good Luck!

Thanks for answering Pigems, but no, actually, is cheaper to build the adapter.

Oh wow, I didn’t expect that. How much to build the adapter? I’ve got a DriveHub I’ll sell you if it will be cheaper for you. :)

According to the market, today, it will cost me $40 dollars, more or less.
The other problem is that, since I know very little about electronics and all, I'm not really sure if the pieces are the correct ones.

According to the market, today, it will cost me $40 dollars, more or less.
The other problem is that, since I know very little about electronics and all, I'm not really sure if the pieces are the correct ones.

I’ll PM you when I get off work today see if we can get you my DriveHub for less than that. We’ll get you using your wheel one way or another! :cheers:

I'm using DFGT with Drivehub. Good product, recommend

Glad to hear that. I was talking with Pigems and he sent me a Drivehub, so, if everything goes well, I'll be using my old DFGT as well :)
I really hope it gets here, I'm dying to play Gran Turismo with a wheel again.
By the way, how does it feel with the DFGT?

Glad to hear that. I was talking with Pigems and he sent me a Drivehub, so, if everything goes well, I'll be using my old DFGT as well :)
I really hope it gets here, I'm dying to play Gran Turismo with a wheel again.
By the way, how does it feel with the DFGT?

I have never tried other wheel to be honest. But it feel the same way it feel with GT 5-6 on PS3.

The main difference with the drivehub is the sequential stick. You cannot map it differently from the up/down shift R1/L1. On my PS3, I used it as the handbrake for rally racing.

As for the setting for force feedback and sensivity, I watch what people using Logitec device use and it look like everyone have a different opinion. For now I have Force feedback 6, sensivity 3. I should try different thing eventually.

Also, there is something weird happening when I stop playing. If I put the PS4 into sleep and the game still opened, when I come back to the game the force feedback is really strong, like crazy strong. So I shut the game and turn off the PS4 or leave it all on if it's a small break.

I hope it makes it there safe and sound! :cheers:

@Mc_Yavel Try turning your FFB Torque Down a bit, 3 or 4 is a good setting for the DFGT, that what I used. I use my T300 on FFBT 3 now. :)

And what sensivity did you use?

Either 1 or 9, I can never remember now if the sensitivity scale is reversed or not. It’s easy to find out though, do some laps on a dirt track and try both, you can change it in the pause menu on the fly for quick switching back and forth. A Tomahawk on SSRX is also a good test for it. :)

Latest Posts

Back