driving force pro biggest PROBLEM

• Thread starter loki_cmr
  • 9 comments
i already searched for this probelm and couldnt find a solution.....

i just bought the driving force pro and it doesnt work at all. i plugged it in and it doesnt work.

one thing i noticed is that the male wire that looks like a printer plug that goes into the steering wheel from the pedals doesnt go in completely...is it supposed to be like that or is it messed up or should i be rougher with it?

there are 2 and i've tried both....

is there supposed to be a special setup like hmmmm no dual analog controllers and stuff.......also my left LED light is green and blinking.......

loki_cmr
.......also my left LED light is green and blinking.......
That means you are NOT getting power from the transformer! 👍 ...O.G.
old.gif

loki_cmr
there are 2 and i've tried both....

is there supposed to be a special setup like hmmmm no dual analog controllers and stuff.......also my left LED light is green and blinking.......

the light definatly should not be blinking. It should go on contiuesly. (the only time the left light will not be on is if 900 degree is not turned on, usually for games that don't support the full rotation).

you are gonna have to check that the pedal is plugged in properly. it should go in quite easily.

Also it shouldn't matter which USB you use. They will both work fine.

by the sounds of things it's most likely faulty wheel. make sure you give it a going over again to make sure everything is plugged in properly... (and although this may sound stupid) make sure the power supply is on!!!!

if your still having problems and it woun't go together, it might be a good idea to return to the shop and exchange it for another one.

Old Geezer
That means you are NOT getting power from the transformer! 👍 ...O.G.
old.gif

what do u mean its not getting power from the transformer....should i try another plug or is the ac adpater messed up....?

syntax error
the light definatly should not be blinking. It should go on contiuesly. (the only time the left light will not be on is if 900 degree is not turned on, usually for games that don't support the full rotation).

ummm the RIGHT led is on fully and the left one is blinking???

what a coincidence, i used my DFP for the very first time yesterday, and i experienced a similar thing.

just do as the black booklet says, cause the first time it wasnt working for me either, both lights were on and not blinking, i checked the configuration but the wheel just didnt work.

i made sure the ps2 was off, (red light) plugged in everything..pedals, power supply, usb port..turned on the console and loaded the game (GT4 in this case) inmediatly, in the browser screen and waited..then it worked, so im not sure what was wrong the first time..anyways, hope this works for you

loki_cmr
ummm the RIGHT led is on fully and the left one is blinking???

both Leds should be on continuesly for it to function 900 degree.

if only the right one is on it means the wheels is on 200 degree or 900 degree is not supported (ie. gt3, NFS).

if it's blinking then as Old geezer said its most likely a power supply problem.

make sure to go over it all again. then wait for the wheel to calibrate itself automaticly. If it all works fine then you can head to the options menu in gt4 for further adjustments of the wheel.

yeah i think the female end of the power supply was broken.....it was all lose and even tho i plugged in 2 differnt ac adapters it would not go to being on without blinking. i returned it for a full refund and hopefully the truck coming in tonight will have some more on it so i can buy it tomorrrow.

yikes!!! i hope you mean two different wall sockets (or at least the adapters are the same voltage/amp rating). cause if you're just pluggin any 'ol ac adapter in to it, you probably fried it!

i would have tried it in a different PS2 (if possible) or PC to see if it worked for you.

Back