driving line assist

• Thread starter ts00040110
  • 18 comments
Malaysia
Malaysia
hi all.. i dunno when to brake my car.. previously in gt6 and project cars 2, with the help of the driving line, i could tell when i am supposed to brake by the driving line assist colors. if the driving line assist color turns red, i know i would have to brake.. green line assist means drive.. but now it only shows one color which is orange.. how can i make it to change color or how can i know when to brake without those indicating colours? thanks..

Theres markers on the side of the road stating how many meters to the turn. Learn to use these.

Why should he have to? He is specifically asking for assists.

@ts00040110 Mate, in the race menu go to Driving Options > Driving Line Assist and tick all the boxes.

You could also switch on Braking Indicator which is located right underneath.

You also need to go to Detailed Settings (at the bottom) and make sure that Show Race Info is set to Display All.

You should get a helpfull all caps red lettering pleading for you to brake. ;)

20171027_095303~2.jpg

Why should he have to? He is specifically asking for assists.

@ts00040110 Mate, in the race menu go to Driving Options > Driving Line Assist and tick all the boxes.

You could also switch on Braking Indicator which is located right underneath.

You also need to go to Detailed Settings (at the bottom) and make sure that Show Race Info is set to Display All.

You should get a helpfull all caps red lettering pleading for you to brake. ;)

View attachment 684251
He doesn't have to if he dont wants to ofcourse. But they are basicaly the natural and realistic assist to determine when to brake.

Did some real track driving in my life but never saw lines on the road when to brake en how to take a corner haha

Take some time to learn the track after a few laps you know allot on most track!

Nordschleife takes some more time ;)

Last edited:
But its cool in game that you can learn how you should do that by the book. But i hate drive by the book or drive for time. Thats why my lap times never good but i always have fun time doing it.

I absolutely love the (optional) cones on the side of the road. What a great way to have some aid in braking markers but still not have the screen filled with a suggested line (which is more wrong than right in the actual trajectory you want to take for a corner)

PCARS 1 & 2 have these turn indicator in the middle of the screen which is also a useful aid when you want to get rid of the braking line but don’t feel comfortable yet without having anything on.

The braking lines are really bad IMO and they hinder you on choosing the best trajectory through corners. I used to always have them on, now it’s one of the first things I turn off for a new racing game.

The lines distract you from the track. I never really got to know a track because I was concentrating on the line in earlier days. Your eyes are focused on only a few meters in front of you instead of looking forward.

After playing without you learn a track much faster en start to look farther down the track. The brake indicator, apex indicators and cones are a much better way to help learning a track.

You will benefit greatly in the long run if you do not use driving line assists.

I disagree, I think it's a great way to learn a track and get decent results quickly. If you use it as an assist to learn a track or keep your racing clean I have no issues with it. However if it's used as a crutch and you are just chasing the line and not paying attention to the track and not learning it, then yes, it's really not helping you longterm. Iturn it on if I'm having trouble with a complex sector but usually run with it off. The color.ofnthe track will usually show you the driving line anyways. I do like the double cones, as long as no one takes them out!

I disagree, I think it's a great way to learn a track and get decent results quickly. If you use it as an assist to learn a track or keep your racing clean I have no issues with it. However if it's used as a crutch and you are just chasing the line and not paying attention to the track and not learning it, then yes, it's really not helping you longterm. Iturn it on if I'm having trouble with a complex sector but usually run with it off. The color.ofnthe track will usually show you the driving line anyways. I do like the double cones, as long as no one takes them out!
For absolute beginners it is definitely true. But the revamped assists (cones, brake indicator, apex indicator) are much better. I recommend not using the line anymore for GT sport from the get go.

EDIT: Also want to add that the suggested gear indicator can be inaccurate lots of times. Try to use it only to learn track at the beginning and try to ignore it ASAP.

Back