Driving line

  • Thread starter Thread starter zujca
  • 7 comments
  • 844 views
Messages
315
I know you can turn it off before the race in the driving options, but is there a way to turn it off so it doesn't keep going back on?
 
When I turned my driving line off when I first started playing it never showed up while I was driving again.

The same sort of thing happens with traction control on my cars too. If I switch to a car and turn the TCS off then switch to another car and back to the one I switched off the TCS it will go back to TCS:5 as if I never took it off.
 
The driving line should stay disabled when you set it that way before a race. I did that once and never switched it on since.
 
The driving line should stay disabled when you set it that way before a race. I did that once and never switched it on since.

for me, this ^

But the trouble you're having with it turning back on, it might depend where you disable the driving line. Maybe it will have different effects turning it off from your profile or from your display settings (options), or somewhere else? Just guessing, hope you figure it out. I don't need the driving line so I have it disabled, but I'll swap controllers with my friends during a 2-player race sometimes and it's interesting to see how my racing line diverges from the software's driving line -- I am most definitely a slow in, fast out type of driver.
 
Once you turn off the driving line in Driving Options at the race screen it does not come back on, unless you change profiles/wipe your save data.

As for Traction Control - if you turn it off (default 5 on all cars) it will stay off for only that car. So when you change to a car that you've never driven before or not turned the TC off for it will still be at 5. If you drive without it you have to remember to turn it off every time you change cars this is because every car is different, some users don't use TC at all, yet get in an LMP and find that they need it on 1 - so that's why it's not on permanent on/off like Skid Recovery Force, ASM and the Driving Line.
 
There are some people who change TC and ABS settings dependent on the car, and I suppose that is more common than changing the other aids. So that does make some sense. But for an awful lot of us, the number of times you are likely to want to add TC or ABS(or change them from your normal sttings) to a car is virtually zero when compared to the many many many many many times you will have to turn them off if that's the way you tend to drive. I guess it's a case of you can't please everyone.

Of course, that's another option that should be easy to implement, but apparently options are a bad thing.



The driving line issue must be caused by which menu it is turned off from, as many of us have never had it come back on. I'm much more likely to see my car magically become an automatic than to have SRF or the driving line turn themselves on.
 
But TC and ABS can be adjusted in the RA menu - not just with a wheel, but can be assigned on a controller too. You can also change Brake Balance as well. So for this reason it's perhaps just as well that it is not permanently on/off like the others.

I'm much more likely to see my car magically become an automatic than to have SRF or the driving line turn themselves on.

Yeah, this happens when you drive in a car like a Prius which is an automatic car in the game. Because you can't select Manual in the Driving Options it changes to Automatic and stays that way until you've changed cars and realise that you're not changing gears when you press the button/shifter. LOL.

This is also pretty annoying.
 
Thanks to all of you, it was probably some kind of a glitch or something. Doesn't turn back on anymore!
 
Back