Driving me crazy

England
I class myself as not to bad at this game. I have been away from myps4 for a few months and now I am back in to it. I have got quite a few world records in the sprint class with a few different cars usually fast cars, I decided to have a go at a challenge my kid set for me with the VW gti design golf thingy I have done ok in the first couple of sprints in Canada beat my son which is "Get in" now I am having a bit of trouble I am in Lynton Canada and after about 5 goes I have got to number 18 I think in the world and was pushing to improve, Thing is this after the first sector I can get over a second up after the second near the last bends I am a second and a half nearly up in the green then no problems getting around the corner right left down the straight but when I cross the line I am 1.4 to 2 seconds behind the time!!! What is going on done it about 6 times now and I honestly thought I was on for a 38.8 38.6 ish kinda time crossed the line and it's 40+ has there been a glich or something I don't know about? Also had a similar problem on another sprint green all around crossed the line and 2 secs disappeared.

And also which is the best wheel to get for Driveclub so many choices????
Cheers.

Last edited:
I class myself as not to bad at this game. I have been away from myps4 for a few months and now I am back in to it. I have got quite a few world records in the sprint class with a few different cars usually fast cars, I decided to have a go at a challenge my kid set for me with the VW gti design golf thingy I have done ok in the first couple of sprints in Canada beat my son which is "Get in" now I am having a bit of trouble I am in Lynton Canada and after about 5 goes I have got to number 18 I think in the world and was pushing to improve, Thing is this after the first sector I can get over a second up after the second near the last bends I am a second and a half nearly up in the green then no problems getting around the corner right left down the straight but when I cross the line I am 1.4 to 2 seconds behind the time!!! What is going on done it about 6 times now and I honestly thought I was on for a 38.8 38.6 ish kinda time crossed the line and it's 40+ has there been a glich or something I don't know about? Also had a similar problem on another sprint green all around crossed the line and 2 secs disappeared.

And also which is the best wheel to get for Driveclub so many choices????
Cheers.
No idea, sorry. I certainly haven't heard of any glitches, but there again I haven't visited DC's FB page since the closure. Maybe someone who regularly TTs will have an more useful answer for you.

No idea, sorry. I certainly haven't heard of any glitches, but there again I haven't visited DC's FB page since the closure. Maybe someone who regularly TTs will have an more useful answer for you.

Thanks MeanElf I don't do FB so a bit lost there, I have since asked about and found one player with a similar problem, He said he had it both ways losing 2 -3 seconds for no reason he also said he knocked off about 20 secs from a world record knew it was wrong but it never registered in the Global Rankings? mad as.
He deleted the game from his PS4 then reinstalled it and said all his cars times and game play were all back as to before his deletion!!!!!!!!!!!! I am very wary, He did say it stopped the timer on sprints from going crazy and he now feels he is clocking the correct times. I don't know of anyone who has deleted the game completely so I am unsure if I would get back my progress if I did.
I would like to know if there has been an update since about 4-5 month ago as when I switched back on my game didn't update and I am not sure how to check if I am up to date, help please.

Thanks MeanElf I don't do FB so a bit lost there, I have since asked about and found one player with a similar problem, He said he had it both ways losing 2 -3 seconds for no reason he also said he knocked off about 20 secs from a world record knew it was wrong but it never registered in the Global Rankings? mad as.
He deleted the game from his PS4 then reinstalled it and said all his cars times and game play were all back as to before his deletion!!!!!!!!!!!! I am very wary, He did say it stopped the timer on sprints from going crazy and he now feels he is clocking the correct times. I don't know of anyone who has deleted the game completely so I am unsure if I would get back my progress if I did.
I would like to know if there has been an update since about 4-5 month ago as when I switched back on my game didn't update and I am not sure how to check if I am up to date, help please.
That does sound like you had a corrupted update at some point. The last patch was indeed just before Evolution were shut down by Sony in April and since the caretaker team took over there hasn't been an update except server-side.

If you are unsure about deleting the game, then I'd suggest talking to Sony on their helpline and having them talk you through it. I know a few folks here have done something similar and had no problems.

That does sound like you had a corrupted update at some point. The last patch was indeed just before Evolution were shut down by Sony in April and since the caretaker team took over there hasn't been an update except server-side.

If you are unsure about deleting the game, then I'd suggest talking to Sony on their helpline and having them talk you through it. I know a few folks here have done something similar and had no problems.

Cheers MeanElf. I am ashamed to admit it but it got the better of me today I was 2.1something up on 37.995 which the player in 6th globally is on I am 7th I was in the last corner when the green time appeared so flew around the bends down the straight and clocked a 41.373. impossible even if I slammed the brakes on half way down the straight then hit the accelerator I can clock faster than that. I threw my toys out of the pram ejected the disc and skimmed it out of the nearest window, I was very nearly picking up the ps4 and launching that out the same window too.
I didn't I know I should have put down the controller and walked away but I was a stupid pratt.
Oh well will have to wait for GT Sport now, Gives me the time to save up and get the VR headset and camera. They look really good so going check them out to see if there worth investing in.
And maybe pick up a copy of Driveclub
blushing-smiley.png

Cheers MeanElf. I am ashamed to admit it but it got the better of me today I was 2.1something up on 37.995 which the player in 6th globally is on I am 7th I was in the last corner when the green time appeared so flew around the bends down the straight and clocked a 41.373. impossible even if I slammed the brakes on half way down the straight then hit the accelerator I can clock faster than that. I threw my toys out of the pram ejected the disc and skimmed it out of the nearest window, I was very nearly picking up the ps4 and launching that out the same window too.
I didn't I know I should have put down the controller and walked away but I was a stupid pratt.
Oh well will have to wait for GT Sport now, Gives me the time to save up and get the VR headset and camera. They look really good so going check them out to see if there worth investing in.
And maybe pick up a copy of Driveclub
blushing-smiley.png
Oh dear, my sympathies - we all are victims of passion in one way or another; my wife crunched a controller last week due to Mirror's Edge: Catalyst - luckily, DC is pretty cheap now.

Back