Driving messed up?

Messages
15,456
United States
Orange County, NY
Messages
GTP_GT916
Messages
Nii916
I was testing a Legacy on the TGTT, and the X button (for gas) wasn't working. I tried the brake button (square) and the brake lights were flickering on and off. I tried the alternative gas (R3 up) and it worked. Brake (R3 down) works as well. It's hard for me to use these though, because I'm used to X, square, triangle, O as the main control. I'm using a DS3.

Edit: The transmission is also messed up. It keeps switching from 2 to 5, 1 to 4, 2 to 4, etc.
 
Probably your DS3 is about to give up (atleast the buttons), because mine is working fine.

Hope you get it fixed. :)
 
Probably your DS3 is about to give up (atleast the buttons), because mine is working fine.

Hope you get it fixed. :)

That may be it, but I also have a newer Nyko and it's doing the same thing. The Nyko started it a long time ago, but now the DS3 is doing it too.
 
That may be it, but I also have a newer Nyko and it's doing the same thing. The Nyko started it a long time ago, but now the DS3 is doing it too.

What's a Nyko? But I highly suspect that it's your controller that is on it's last legs before it's going to be broken for good.
 
What's a Nyko? But I highly suspect that it's your controller that is on it's last legs before it's going to be broken for good.

83069_Core_Controller_610x429.jpg


Edit: I also forgot to add that the Nyko is corded, and the DS3 was/ is charging when this happened (it was completely dead).
 
Nice controller but it's a third party one and while some third party controllers can be good, a lot can be rubbish. But if that controller is not working as well, then I don't know what could be the problem.

If you have any local friends that also play PS3, ask them if you could borrow their controller to see if its GT5 playing up with you or both of your own controllers are broken.
 
Nice controller but it's a third party one and while some third party controllers can be good, a lot can be rubbish. But if that controller is not working as well, then I don't know what could be the problem.

If you have any local friends that also play PS3, ask them if you could borrow their controller to see if its GT5 playing up with you or both of your own controllers are broken.

I'll definitely do that. I also have another DS3 (but I don't use it because i accidentally threw it at an office chair and it lost the R1 and R2 buttons.)
 
Have you tried other games?
 
Have you tried other games?

This and...

I'll definitely do that. I also have another DS3 (but I don't use it because i accidentally threw it at an office chair and it lost the R1 and R2 buttons.)
... Use your semi-broken controller to see if its your two controllers that are the problem or if it's the game that's the problem. Don't worry about the R1 and R2 buttons; you're only worried about the X, O, Triangle and square buttons to see if they still work 👍 .
 
Yeah, it just probably your button layout in GT5 messed up, try going to option and try putting the button layout on default..
 
Yeah, it just probably your button layout in GT5 messed up, try going to option and try putting the button layout on default..

Yes, but he also said that the transmission was going kaput, and on my old DS3 settings (have a wheel now) I used L2 and R2 to shift up and down, respectively, and he said it was shifting twice in such quick susession that the gap between them was unintellegable. In my opinion, either a) both of your controllers have gone to heck, or b) your game data is corrupted.
 
Yes, but he also said that the transmission was going kaput, and on my old DS3 settings (have a wheel now) I used L2 and R2 to shift up and down, respectively, and he said it was shifting twice in such quick susession that the gap between them was unintellegable. In my opinion, either a) both of your controllers have gone to heck, or b) your game data is corrupted.

If they are both plugged in then could it be dust in the USB connection port?
 
If they are both plugged in then could it be dust in the USB connection port?

No, one of the main two controllers that the OP uses are an official wireless DS3, and a third party wired controller. Both of them are not working, but we've told him to test the two controllers on different games and see if the games work as normal.
 
Since when your Nyko started doing that?
I'm starting to believe it may be your GT5 disc.
 
Back