Driving school and mission purple overlay

• Thread starter corne_mo
  • 6 comments
Netherlands
Netherlands
Dear,

I just purchased a PS4 slim with GT Sport package.
When doing driving school or mission parts, the color of the tracks and surrounding (mountains, buildings) is purple, but the color of the air is OK.
For other parts of the game, like arcade mode races, the colours are all fine.

When doing other games the colors are fine too, so it must have something to do with specific parts of the GT Sport game.
Does any one of you recognize this behaviour and knows how to solve this?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Not seen that, you'll have to post some images but I'd guess at it not being a game related problem.

Thanks for your replies. Strange thing is that it is only in some modes that this issue occurs. And als not in another game (Uncharted 4) which I have.
I would expect, if the problem is due to HDMI cable or TV issues, it would occur for all games, or at least for all screens in one specific game.

Attched some screens. Quality is not that good as these are photos made with my phone from the TV screen, but it indicates the issue I have.
I think below thumb indicates the issue quite well.
Mission.jpg

Hopefully someone can tell me the solution.

Attachments

• Arcade_race.jpg
    Arcade_race.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 31
  • Driving_school_first_screen.jpg
    Driving_school_first_screen.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 31
  • Driving_school_second_screen.jpg
    Driving_school_second_screen.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 30
  • Driving_school_track.jpg
    Driving_school_track.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 31
As it only affects part of the screen, specifically the track and background and not the air, and this only in specific items of the game, can it be that it is an issue in the game itself (the original disc or the downloaded update) or in the HDD of the console?

Apperently it was a problem with the PS4 hardware. The store switched the console for a new one and everything works fine on that one.

Yes I wasn't sure what was causing it, it was very odd, at least it's all sorted now. :)

Back