Driving School Miata and G29

• Thread starter numarix
  • 6 comments
Canada
Canada
Anyone else finally figure out why the Miata in the first few levels of the driving school doesn't shift to 2nd gear using the clutch fast enough? It seems that there is some kind of bug where it doesn't shift right away and a problem with the game reading the clutch or shifter. I am sure others have experienced this problem as well. It is a shame, because I really want to strive for golds in the driving school and maximize my fun with it.

Doubt it’s a bug. The clutch model is like this in the entire game, not just in the driving lessons. Takes some getting used to, but there’s rarely a time where you’ll not miss a shift. Especially if you’re coming to GTS from another game with a good clutch. Make sure you fully depress and release the clutch all the way. It’s not forgiving in the least.

When I use the Miata outside the driving school it performs normally with the clutch, have you tried the first couple lessons with the Miata personally? It acts strangely.

Well in the first few driving lessons its not even activating properly like in time trials etc. Even if it is an on off switch its bugged, but they probably wont fix that.

I get what you mean - the shift from 1st to 2nd takes ages and it doesn't matter which gear shifting type you use.
The gold is still easily doable, I don't think it took me more than 2 tries for any of these.

From my experience on GT Sport, it seems the cars that have a stick-shifter (H pattern) tend to shift slower than the cars with sequential or paddle shifters. Which would make sense to me at least, The BMW's with DCT transmissions that utilize paddle shifers tend to switch gears much more quickly than a standard transmission.

Back