Driving Sideways

Heya guys. I'm new to the forum, and I have a little problem with driving sideways.

I drive a Sileighty '98, and have been drifting for a total of 3 days or so in Gran Turismo 4, using e-braking as my main technique.

I came across the drifting FAQ/Guide on this forum, and tried applying some of the settings and techniques. Unfortunately, as I mentioned earlier, I ran into some trouble.

I did most of the settings where I can (my GT Mode account just started, can't afford everything yet). I tuned the suspension's height, camber and dampeners. I also installed a lightweight flywheel, and did a Stage 2 Weight Reduction. I also bought the N2 tyres. I have not, however, installed a LSD.

Anyway, after all the tuning was done to my Sileighty, I noticed a sharp increase in the car's tendency to "snap back" when drifting. I thought maybe the Sileighty wasn't meant for such settings, so I reversed it all where I could. It STILL snaps back, so I'm guessing its the weight reduction that killed the control (I was drifting fine yesterday).

The course I used to test this was the Deep Forest raceway.

I also noticed an utter lack of acceleration control. It's almost like the car wants to go faster than I want it to. Also, at lower gears, during initial (normal) acceleration, the rear wheels seem to be going off traction alot. This loss of traction occurs from the first to the third gear, and its really eating up my tyres in competition races.

Is there anything I can do to fix these problems?

Latest Posts

Back