Driving Simulator Or Driving Addiction!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Specialized
  • 12 comments
  • 904 views
Messages
1,515
Messages
BenSpecialized
it was 2pm in the morning and i was nearly there, just driving at 9/10ths placing the car to gently understeer before i apply the throttle to coax the car into smooth progressive overteer and ohhh F:censored:!!!!

The driver side rear wheel clipped the grass and as i grip the controls of this vehicle with my sweaty palms trying desperately to correct this monster slide. God this is going to hurt, my life flashes infron of my eyes and i cannot see any light at the end of the tunnel. Im doomed!!!! The Shiny steal wall glistening in the light, wanting to eat into my car and rip it shreads, is getting closer at an alarming rate. I try to squeese the last tiny degree of lock out of the wheels and it seems the enevitable is going to happen. I close my eyes in some sort of hope that it wont hurt as much and i will survive this ordeal then it happens!!!

The car has traveled through a whole 360 degrees of rotation as this all flashes through my mind then i see it, Can it be? The apex of the corner!!!! I drop a gear and floor the throttle, there is a horrible grinding sound as the drivetrain takes up the strain and the tyres start their struggle for grip. Its working!!! Its working!!! the car is just clipping the apex and the spin is loosing its momentum. Im gonna get away with this but in the same moment the car snaps round too much, i apply full lock again and the car begins to straighten. Im nearly home free, yes...yes....YESSSS im safe, Shaken but safe!!! I take the nest corner and bring the car to a stop. I sit there for a moment in disbelif. I turn and stare at my friend, smile and say " that will be £20 please"

I look proudly at my dark silver BMW Z4 gleaming on my TV wich untll thus morning i had never driven and how it had me smitten only a hour before. Who would have though i could get the thing around the Nurburgring in under 6Mins and 30 Seconds ( i guess the incentive of a £20 bet did the trick). Im deeply in love with this car now, its wonderful to drive, i have grown to love its looks and also we have become one through our great ordeal!!

Who would have thought a Z4 could bring much joy?

I encourage people to write down and share there driving addictions with the rest of us GT4 addicts.

Thanks for listening :)


PS i apologise for all spelling and grammer mistakes
 
6:30 in a Z4? Thats pretty good. I only got 6:03 in my Sauber! It sounds like you had fun anyway, well done for winning £20 👍
 
Nurburgring in the Mazda Protege (stock with a close ratio tranny, to simulate my real-life car)... I spent all night driving it around and around and around.

I was seriously happy when I managed to break 8:50 in it. A pathetic time, considering I've done the ring in 7:22 in a stock M5. But I was still proud of it, still happy with the ridiculously slow car I've bought too many copies of, and I'm still seriously addicted to GT4.
 
Nurburgring in a M3. And i'm addicted to gt4. I can't stop playing it.
 
El Gigante
6:30 in a Z4? Thats pretty good. I only got 6:03 in my Sauber! It sounds like you had fun anyway, well done for winning £20 👍


Beleive me i was surprised too!!! it was funny tuned with super soft tyres and driver assists off. It took a while but its a good laugh, it sounds silly but its handling is quite similar to the sauber, the reactions etc etc. my best time in nurburgring is 5.28.xx with the sauber and i know this can be greatly improved on. And i will try and get a pic with the Z4 time. will have to take it on my phone or something.
 
Since you asked....

My biggest moment was in the Ruf Yellowbird, in a license test at Trial Mountain. The driving aids are off in this test. While braking for the very last corner of the test, a tight left hander, I got the right side wheels on the kerbing and the car snapped totally sideways. I jumped back on the throttle, got it flat, wound the steering to full lock, and waited for it to swap ends and fill my vision with the word FAILED. It didn't swap ends though! It recovered, clipped the inside apex (still on full opposite lock) and found enough traction to start accelerating down the straight. I crossed the line and got a Silver 👍

It had snapped so suddenly it actually gave me a fright! One of those quality moments that make GT4 the addictive game it is. I saved the replay too, but at the moment have no equipment to copy it off the PS2:(
 
best ive got on the ring is 5.40 something. good job getting that time in a Z4!
 
5:57 on the Nurb in the Chapparel 2J. Someone in the 2J thread asked if a sub 6 minute run could be done with it so I had to try. :)
 
I remember the first time i did the license on the Le mans track with the group C car....OMG!!!! it was so frigging fast...and then the breaking followed by the strech...~350km/h...the wheel was rumbling like never before...I was actually scared...it was too fast...(at the time...:))

I had to get up after and walk a little...with the adrenaline and all...

I got the same felling as when i'm racing somebody with my real car....chilling...

GT4+wheel and seat= the best!!!!

I love this game!
 
or when you do reverse Citta di Aria with a fast car...the downhill section...really tight and fast....i still get the adrenaline going down that path....it's so crazy!!!!

or the....ok ok...i have to stop...i could go on and on about this game....so good!
 
niclorin
or when you do reverse Citta di Aria with a fast car...the downhill section...really tight and fast....i still get the adrenaline going down that path....it's so crazy!!!!

or the....ok ok...i have to stop...i could go on and on about this game....so good!

👍 👍 👍 that part still gives me the willies.
 
my favorite moment is whenever im at the ring coming off that long right turn onto the straight and just full out accelerating, especially in an ///m3 :drool:
 
my favourite moment is the first two high speed parts of the Nurburgring, especially the long slight left handed downhill section after the jump {in some cars} i also love the twisty fast ass downhill section after the right hander after that previous part, especially going into 4th gear into the SLR Mclaren and 6th in an M5, with the wind noise and all, it makes you happy no matter what mood you're in. yes its kinda strange, it has the x-factor big time that track
 
Back