Driving Techniques - heel toe in sequential

United Kingdom
London
Hi all, I recently started to play without assistances (just ABS 1) and soon I realized that when I break hard and I downshift (with the paddles) I destroy my grip and I lose control of the car. Now, after watching that famous video of Ayrton Sena with the Honda NSX (1992) I realized that I needed to heel toe, because the engine revs up and suddenly gives you spinning... and immediately after that it gives you engine breaking... and the wheels block... and it’s a mess... and all ends on the side of the road looking at the other cars overtaking you.

So, I reckon, what I need is to match the revs in the engine with the revs it’s going to have after I have downshifted, but I don’t want to use the clutch myself, if you know what I mean. Can I heel toe in a sequential (paddles), without touching the third pedal?

Please, share your experience with this. (And if I’m asking something really silly, apologies)

edited:
I know there is no sequential in the game, is literally manual, but not all manual cars work with the shifter and all of them work with the paddles without clutch, so it feels more like a sequential.

Edit 2

Last edited by a moderator:
Back