Driving your fastest stops you from winning..

  • Thread starter Thread starter nickg07
  • 0 comments
  • 629 views
Messages
1,579
Messages
Ballist1x
I've noticed this pattern repeat itself now in A spec.

If you drive out if your skin on lap 1, the AI speeds up and makes it tougher for you to win. If you crash a few walls and opponents on lap 1, the leader will not drive as quickly giving you more chance to catch up.

Example German car up IB. Using Scirocco if I set a 1.06 first lap or a 1.04.xx I would be no closer to the front car by the last 2 corners. If you set an outrageous second lap time, 1.02.xx the Ruf trapped behind the AMG got ahead somehow. Only when I set a fastest second lap did this occur in over 30 re try. If I did a 1.03 or 1.04 second lap the AMG held the RUF up all 3 laps including the final straight.

The time I won the event I had average first and second laps which tricked the Ai and won the event with a low 1.01 lap time on the final lap.

My conclusion, driving really quickly all race penalises you and compromises your ability to win. The next retry yoo could bang into loads of other cars and win the event. This makes driving quickly less rewarding especially when using low PP to try and the events to make them a struggle
 
Back