Drum and BassMusic 

Perfect Balance

Lead
Premium
Messages
8,481
Messages
P_Balance
Any fans here? The only people I know that like drum and bass as their favorite genre are my friends.

I suspect a lot of people hate it, but for some reason, I've never met a person in real life that truly hated it, at least not the songs I have, which are more of an ambient drum and bass, instead of the usually hardcore sound.
 
Pendulum, Dieselboy, AK1200...and my nephew. :lol: He doesn't have an official "dj name" so we'll call him DJ Brannen. He plays drum n bass and breaks :)
 
Pendulum, Dieselboy, AK1200...and my nephew. :lol: He doesn't have an official "dj name" so we'll call him DJ Brannen. He plays drum n bass and breaks :)
I like pendulum, but dieselboy makes hardcore drum and bass, which I'm not a big fan of.

I like stuff like LTJ Bukem, DJ Marky, Fabio, High Contrast, Makoto, Concord Dawn......

I also like trance and lounge music, but no techno.
 
Im into it a little...just some Aphex Twin and DJ Hive and others.
 
I like pendulum, but dieselboy makes hardcore drum and bass, which I'm not a big fan of.

I like stuff like LTJ Bukem, DJ Marky, Fabio, High Contrast, Makoto, Concord Dawn......

I also like trance and lounge music, but no techno.



LTJ Bukem 👍 Freaking awesome stuff to sleep to.
 
LTJ Bukem 👍 Freaking awesome stuff to sleep to.
Thats what I like about drum and bass. You can sleep to it, but if you want, it can keep you awake. It just intensifies whatever mood I'm in.
 
Sometimes I'll crank the volume up really loud and turn the visualizer on in iTunes and just let the bass from my subwoofer vibrate me to sleep.
 
Love it! The meaner the better!!!

Pendulum, MC Skibadee, Andy C, Adam F, AK1200, Dieselboy...

Drum'n Bass Arena and Bassdrive.com are good resources, but IMO Bassdrive plays too much of that soft, jazzy, sissy crap...
 
soft, jazzy, sissy crap...
I love that kind. I really like when a song has a nice bass to it, and the jazzy ones often have really good ones.

EDIT: You guys should visit DI.FM, just type that into your browser.
 
Ya, I use DI all the time... it has pretty much every kind of music you could want (Hits of the 80s!).
 
I like abit of Pendulum but I prefer bassier electronica tracks to drum and bass.
 
To be honest, the d&b channel in di.fm plays probably some of the best d&b you'll ever geat your virtual hands on.

I like many styles of electronic, but d&b is just special with me. I love dancing to it, but I also love just listening. Everything from big beat to ambiental d&b I like. I also had the good fortune of going to a rave in 1999, in Detroit, at the old Packard plant, with DJ Dara.

My favourites are probably High Contrast, Concord Dawn, Black Sun Empire, Pendulum, Tee Bee, Technical Itch, LTJ Bukem, Big Bud and DJ Dara...
 
To be honest, the d&b channel in di.fm plays probably some of the best d&b you'll ever geat your virtual hands on.

I like many styles of electronic, but d&b is just special with me. I love dancing to it, but I also love just listening. Everything from big beat to ambiental d&b I like. I also had the good fortune of going to a rave in 1999, in Detroit, at the old Packard plant, with DJ Dara.

My favourites are probably High Contrast, Concord Dawn, Black Sun Empire, Pendulum, Tee Bee, Technical Itch, LTJ Bukem, Big Bud and DJ Dara...
👍 I forgot about DJ Dara.
 
Some of Amon Tobin?

I've tried it, liked it veyr little, to be honest. I like more music in D&B, hence why Photek doesn't rate high with me either.
 
He's not my favorite, but I do admire his skill, how clean the sounds is, how well it mixes together. There are too many cup/copy DJs out there that produce really choppy and distinctly layered tracks, not really the case with Tobin.
 
Maybe I'm missing the point of so-called "drum and bass", or maybe the club show jocks from my local college radio station just have really horrible taste in music. But everything that I've heard them describe as "drum and bass" is actually just "drum" with little or no bass at all, and 93% of the "drum" part consists of nothing but:

boom-tish-boom-tish-boom-tish-boom-tish-boom-tish.

I'm not against electronic music but from what I've heard, I'm failing to understand the name of this genre.
 
I love D&B!! I my favorite artists are Shy FX, DJ Hype and DJ Zinc. Jungle music is also very similar. Wicked music to play in your car.

Im not sure if you've heard of them, I think D&B in the UK and US are a bit different...
 
Maybe I'm missing the point of so-called "drum and bass", or maybe the club show jocks from my local college radio station just have really horrible taste in music. But everything that I've heard them describe as "drum and bass" is actually just "drum" with little or no bass at all, and 93% of the "drum" part consists of nothing but:

boom-tish-boom-tish-boom-tish-boom-tish-boom-tish.

I'm not against electronic music but from what I've heard, I'm failing to understand the name of this genre.

That very well may be the case... I mean, I personally like it a lot, but for the uninitiated, it might be lots of noise crammed together.

You could give it a try listening to the Drum n' Bass channel on www.di.fm, scroll down until you find it and you can listen to it with any media player.

The genre itself... I mean, it's obvious where the drum part comes, but the bass used to be deeper/harder... lately it's just a break between drums... save for a few artists like BSE and Pendulum maybe. I guess it just goes from artist to artist.

If you want to try out the more "classic" side to it, you could give LTJ Bukem a listen... much more atmospheric/ambient sound.
 
Back