Ds4 needs fixing

• Thread starter Lcd328
  • 21 comments
Australia
Australia
Is it me or polyphony digital start dis owning the joystick players on the ds4 cause when start turning corners in this game im keep slideing out and so sick and tired of BS u well as may just get rid of DS4 controller in this game in this whole game and give the steering wheel players the whole game cause they slide out at all

And this game is unblanced with steering in this game fix it or i will boycoyt the game PPD

Is it me or polyphony digital start dis owning the joystick players on the ds4 cause when start turning corners in this game im keep slideing out and so sick and tired of BS u well as may just get rid of DS4 controller in this game in this whole game and give the steering wheel players the whole game cause they slide out at all

And this game is unblanced with steering in this game fix it or i will boycoyt the game PPD
Try being a little smoother with your inputs. Or you could try the rolling technique instead of just using the left and right directions, to do this always keep your left stick pressed straight up when going straight and roll the stick gently in the direction you want to steer, I find this very helpful with some of the more sensitive cars.

Alternatively you can turn down the sensitivity of the controller which will slow down your steering inputs a little.

But above all practice, practice and practice some more.

:cheers:

Consider changing your steering input setting to motion sensitivity, and then you just tilt the controller left and right to mimic a steering wheel. It's probably going to be a bit tricky the first few laps (small deadzone at the center but otherwise direct response to every small move), but it's an extremely worthy investment once you get the hang of it. I'm not sure why so many pad users insist on steering with their thumbs when GTS supports the DS4 in this way.

Try turning sensitivity up, i have it on +7 and it feels much better.

On the other hand owning a wheel doesn't necessarily make you faster, although it helps.

I'm not sure PPD will care if you boycoyt the game.

Be more careful with your inputs and your timing and don't try to use more grip than the car has.

Is it me or...

It's you.

Being serious about it now: Some cars in this game will slide more than others, some others won't slide at all unless you use your handbrake, there way too many factors that affects how a car rotates around a corner, such as:

-Tires;
-Drivetrain;
-Suspension settings;
-LSD settings;
-Weight;

And many others factors, even the engine braking generated from downshift is enough to upset the balance of the car, it's all a matter of how you drive your car, and let me clue you in a little secret: Smoothness is everything.

If you have difficulty in steering with a DS4, even after fiddling with steering sensitivity imput, I suggest you to try to race in cockpit view for a couple of laps so you can have a better visualization of how much steering you're applying on corners, once you've got it down you can change to whatever camera you prefer and try to use the inputs.

Remember, regardless of what car you're driving, your inputs have to be smooth in order to tackle the corners effectively, even if you have to brake early, you have to maintain consistency as well.

It's you. I get very similar times on wheel and pad. It's just more enjoyable on the wheel for me.

Keep trying man!

It's everyone else's. It's a.conspiracy

I KNEW IT :lol:

On a serious note however, I tried the motion control on the licence tests, improved almost all of the previous PB's, but it got a little more difficult once I had to do a full lap, the lack of feedback from the controller was weird but it definitely has a whole lot of potential.

Consider changing your steering input setting to motion sensitivity, and then you just tilt the controller left and right to mimic a steering wheel. It's probably going to be a bit tricky the first few laps (small deadzone at the center but otherwise direct response to every small move), but it's an extremely worthy investment once you get the hang of it. I'm not sure why so many pad users insist on steering with their thumbs when GTS supports the DS4 in this way.

+1

I KNEW IT :lol:

On a serious note however, I tried the motion control on the licence tests, improved almost all of the previous PB's, but it got a little more difficult once I had to do a full lap, the lack of feedback from the controller was weird but it definitely has a whole lot of potential.

Keep at it. It took me about three days to get comfortable with it but now it's so natural I can't play PC2 any more because it insists on the stick for steering. I'm a little bit faster but a whole lot more consistent. That's more important in an actual race.

When playing GT4 with DS2, the X button for gas was sensitive to pressure applied to it so I could give partial throttle if I wanted to. I noticed in GT Sport with DS4, the same does not apply (at least by default). Even with a little pressure, throttle starts opening up gradually but to the full extend so partial throttle can not be applied. Is there a solution to this apart from using the stick?

I was X and square in the last two GT's so a shock to me too. Tried the triggers but ended up going the wheel route.

Back