DS4 Setup

• Thread starter MegaJoshh
  • 4 comments
Australia
Australia - NSW
MegaJoshh-
Hey guys, just installed this beauty of a game! As a new-comer to PC Racing games, this is my first game I want to dedicate time to. My only issue is, I can't seem to get the DS4 settings spot-on. I know each player will have their own preferences, but I'm just curious to know what setups you guys are running in terms of Sensitivity and whatnot. Thanks!

There are 2 ways to configure a pad in AC: the normal one (lets call it type A) and the one that was the default prior to update 8.0 which is the one i use (lets call this one type B).

Type A: This is the default option to configure a gamepad in AC, you go to "controls" you select "xbox 360 gamepad" as the input method, etc, etc. I don't use it, i can't stand it no matter what settings i use IMO it's horrible.

Type B: This is how the game pad worked prior to 8.0, IMO it's great, i recommend trying this if you can't get use to type A. It has 2 problems though, due to the game thinking you are using a wheel you loose the rumble funtion, and secondly as it is now the "Throttle" trigger and "Brake" trigger are combined (at least in the Xbox 360 pad), that means that you can't brake and accelerate at the same time which means you can't properly blip the gas during downshifts, it's solved by turning "auto blip" on in "driving aids", you could also try "motion joy" (it's in my to do list).

How it works?:

1) go to "controls" choose "wheel/custom" as input method
2) go to "main controls"
select "steering" and use the analog stick you prefer, then put 40 in "degrees of rotation"
select "Throttle" choose the trigger you want, same with "Brakes", "clutch" is not used (go to "driving aids" and turn on "auto clutch), "handbrake" choose what button you want...
3) go to "shifters" choose what buttons you want gear up/down to be.
4) go to "secondary"...
5) go to "Advanced" > "Steering settings"
"Gamma" > 2.0
"Filter" > 0.90
"Speed sensitivity" > 0.13

I have 4 controller configurations saved:
1) for road cars ("Speed sensitivity" at 0.13) like: the majority
2) for some road cars and some race cars ("Speed sensitivity" at 0.10) like: 458 Italia, E30 Gr.A/DTM, etc
3) for race cars ("Speed sensitivity" at 0.06) like: the majority
4) for race cars ("Speed sensitivity" at 0.03) like: Tatuus Formula Abarth, Ferrari P4/5 Competizione, etc.

IIRC You cant get that setting modified. I am using a DS3 on it with modified X360 drivers. I cant get a setup that is good for me. Saving up for a G27 instead.

Back