DS4 steering issue (intermittent)

Wales
Wales
normanself
Hi there everyone.

I've had this issue a few times now, when turning left with the ds4 my car will occasionally just stop turning, straighten up or even spear to the right.

I don't have Countersteering Assist or ASM on anymore, TC is usually 2 for GR3, 0 for GR4. It's not the car understeering or spinning out.

Really frustrating as I can't always get the G29 out especially when I just want a quick race or two.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Sounds like connection issues. My controller would do this if it died mid-race in F1 2017. Have you tried using it while being plugged in and seen if you get the same issues?

Cheers both, something to check out.

Going to buy a DS4.2 this afternoon anyway as this one is a good 3 years old now

Sounds like a faulty thumbstick. You can confirm this by observing the red steering indicator on the HUD. I have had issues with the left stick on all three of my controllers, but thankfully I use motion steering now.

Sounds like a faulty thumbstick. You can confirm this by observing the red steering indicator on the HUD. I have had issues with the left stick on all three of my controllers, but thankfully I use motion steering now.

I'll double check that. I didn't save any gameplay from the last time it happened (Race C Bathurst today) to check, I'll go do another and take a look.

I've had that problem when my laptop was to close to me or in between the PS4 and the DS4. Also had the problem while using the earset/mic. When i use non of them, or my lapton isn't around i have no problems at all...

Happened to me to experience some issues with momentarily lack of response on steering and some function buttons.
After some checks, figured out it should be from placing the PS4 on the rear of the TV, the TV was making some kind of interference with the connection with the controller, move the console to other place, problem solved.

Ok I've figured it out. My left analogue stick is the issue.

I'm not always getting full 'rotation' On turn in.

Didn't manage to pick up a new pad yesterday. Today is that day. Cheers everyone for the tips, suggestions etc..

Back