DT#54 Chevrolet Corvette: Special Stage Route 5&Rally Cars 1989.

• Thread starter JK83
  • 26 comments

Is there enough interest keep DT thread up or not?

• Total voters

JK83

Premium
Finland
Finland
Try JK83..
DT #54

[URL="http://www.mygranturismo.net/rankings.php?sec=5&board=105"]Chevrolet Corvette: Special Stage Route 5 Drift Trial<--Click for results :)

[/URL]
This Drift Trial event takes place on the Special Stage Route 5 using a non-racing Chevrolet Corvette. There are no limitations on tuning, but tyres are restricted to Comfort/Soft or less.

Rally Cars 1989 or Prior: Toscana Drift Trial<--Click for results :)

This Drift Trial event takes place on the Toscana course using Historic Rally Cars from 1989 or prior. There are no limitations on tuning, but Dirt Tyres are required.

Last edited:
JK83, a few questions for you:

Which of the Corvettes would you recommend for this DT?

How does the scoring system work, exactly? The flags that appear during a drift seem to be directly related to the duration of the drift, is this correct? Edit: This seems to be more about the distance of the drift as the flags will fill up during a high speed drift.
Here is example old scoring system and that's not fully fixed....
I've notice that, especially near the roundabout (for lack of a better name for it) that I lose my points often. It's possible that I'm turning to far, would this be the case most of the time for losing points in mid drift?

I seem to be able to hit walls both with the front or back of the car sometimes, but not other times, and still keep my score going. Is that just the nature of the beast or is it something else?

Sorry for jumping on ya, but the few times I've poked my head in the Drift Forum I haven't seen a friendly atmosphere and was hoping to get some answers without having to actually post in there. :)

I recomend Corvette Convertible (C1) '54 or Corvette Coupe (C2) '63,I havent decided yet which one I use..

My opinion is Corvette Convertible (C1) '54 easyer to handle 👍

Best scores you get drifting best driving line (Easy figure in practice mode line on 👍 )<--PD need to do something to that...

And wall hitting :lol:
Yes It allows too much wall hits in SSR5, since you can do 1st corner on wall, but you don't get max pts that way thought..

And last but not least.. don't feel sorry go check drag forum, there you see friendly athmosphere :lol:

I post my tunes later and I can tell no special tuning needed :sly:

Edit: And yes I hope I have correct answer since I haven't realy done DT's seriously couple months and it feels like I had sport hards on some reason :lol:

I'm damn rusty for this :lol:

Last edited:
I almost managed a silver with the Corvette Stingray Convertible '69 since it was one of the two Vettes that had a drift tuning listed on Adrenaline's site. It doesn't quite feel right for drifting, but I'm new to drifting, so what do I know? :P

It seems to me that how close the car is to the wall/apex during a drift and the angle of the car in relation to the road seem to be a big part of the scoring system, but I may be wrong. I managed over 3,500 points in the first sector once, but I haven't managed it again. :(

Thanks for any help/advice that you can give me. :)

Update: I managed the silver right after I typed this reply. I seem to have trouble switching directions in the ess-curves. Maybe it's this car.

Last edited:
I almost managed a silver with the Corvette Stingray Convertible '69 since it was one of the two Vettes that had a drift tuning listed on Adrenaline's site. It doesn't quite feel right for drifting, but I'm new to drifting, so what do I know? :P

It seems to me that how close the car is to the wall/apex during a drift and the angle of the car in relation to the road seem to be a big part of the scoring system, but I may be wrong. I managed over 3,500 points in the first sector once, but I haven't managed it again. :(

Thanks for any help/advice that you can give me. :)

Add GTP_JK83 so I put my cars on share, I can accept your fr in 2 hours 👍

Oh I realy hope you use manual transmission or I must do you one gear drift tune :lol:

Wow first DT thread in quite awhile.

I thought you disappeared JK.

Gonna try the DT again tonight i had about an hour doing it the first night and called it quits at 22,388 using the ZR1.
But seeing as how it looks like the old C2 seems to be another good option ill give that ago.

Last edited:
I did with Vette C06 24634 pts. more tries and never more 24xxxpts:scared:
With ZR1 my best mark was 24050.

In rally i never be so good on the board. With RS200 e did 15.429pts and i´m in top 20:dopey:

I'm liking both of your cars. Must less unruly as my '69 Stingray. I'll have to get the hang of them, but this feels much better and I have the ability to control the drift much more now. Before I was counting mostly on my entry angle and speed to hit the pocket. Either I got it right or it was a bad sector. ;)

In rally i never be so good on the board. With RS200 e did 15.429pts and i´m in top 20:dopey:

I knew you can do it :sly:

^^Future top10 guy for sure 👍

I'm liking both of your cars. Must less unruly as my '69 Stingray. I'll have to get the hang of them, but this feels much better and I have the ability to control the drift much more now. Before I was counting mostly on my entry angle and speed to hit the pocket. Either I got it right or it was a bad sector. ;)

yeah you can do it :)
Wow first DT thread in quite awhile.

I thought you disappeared JK.

Gonna try the DT again tonight i had about an hour doing it the first night and called it quits at 22,388 using the ZR1.
But seeing as how it looks like the old C2 seems to be another good option ill give that ago.

Yes I disapeared for some time, I just couldnt enjoy anymore DT's..Kinda bored GT5 or something but 2-3 months other games does miracles :)

Last edited:
I managed the gold trophy, got my Dream Drifter PSN trophy, & managed to get 13,656 pts so far. Not bad for my first day of drifting. :D

Thanks for your help again. Once I get the hang of how this works, I should be able to do it without being sloppy and connecting drifts within a sector.

The last two sectors aren't smooth for me at all yet, but I will figure it out eventually.

Happy to help :)

AM I only who does dt's in GTP?

Feels like I'm...

Last edited:
Ok I just added poll ..just give your vote...

Last edited:
I would do the DT's more if I had some more guidance, like the TT threads I can learn stuff just by reading other people's comments.

And I think I need to use the DS3 for this, I couldn't do it on my DFGT at all.

I would do the DT's more if I had some more guidance, like the TT threads I can learn stuff just by reading other people's comments.

And I think I need to use the DS3 for this, I couldn't do it on my DFGT at all.

Yeah and I'm not right person to teach anyone with wheel, since I got only one leg :)
Well half is missing from other, but anyway it's kinda useles :)

But I'm gonna prove you all something someday :lol:

If I can do it, on my first day, Iain, so can you. I'm not very good at it, of course, but I'm not totally inept at it either. If you understand how cars handle, which I'm sure that you do from your helping me before, then you'll be able to do this with the right car.

I have JK's settings written down and I can tune one and share it with you. I will leave the helpful hints and such to the experts. I wouldn't want to start you off with the wrong ideas. :)

Last edited:
Yeah and I'm not right person to teach anyone with wheel, since I got only one leg :)
Well half is missing from other, but anyway it's kinda useles :)

Don't know if you're being serious . . .

But no, I need to try it with the DS3 because I went straight into the deep end with the wheel and didn't know what I was doing, then started to understand it, but was just not consistent.

I think if I master it on the DS3, I should get better with the wheel.

If I can do it, on my first day, Iain, so can you. I'm not very good at it, of course, but I'm not totally inept at it either. If you understand how cars handle, which I'm sure that you do from your helping me before, then you'll be able to do this with the right car.

I have JK's settings written down and I can tune one and share it with you. I will leave the helpful hints and such to the experts. I wouldn't want to start you out on the wrong foot. :)

Do you use a wheel?

I have a wheel, but I don't use it since my PS3 is set up in my bedroom and there's no space between the bed and the TV. In other words, I use a DS3 almost always.

Don't know if you're being serious . . .

Yeah kinda serious :lol:

Thats my gt5 tool 👍

But anyway Im more than happy help you out with DS3 dt's :)
(Shoe is 43 and TV 50 so you know size :lol: )

Thats my gt5 tool 👍

That's rather phallic. Hence the term "tool" I guess. :sly:

Any advice on keeping my speed up through the third sector to link from the left hand turn to the right hand turn?

Just tryed out the C2 and beat my last score by 1,200pts after just less than 10 runs now up to 23,554.
Having trouble with sector 2 that tinny little thing , im barely able get over 15,000 on average.

Thats my gt5 tool 👍

I think I saw that coming :sly:
Good to see you've kept your sense of humour 👍

I managed to get the Bronze medal with the controller earlier using the C2. It took me quite a few tries to get that, but it was flowing much quicker than with the wheel - won't be long before I can get the Gold.

But that was at stock power with like 40,000 miles and no oil change or engine overhaul.

EDIT: 52,876.3 miles on the clock. I've added all the power I can to it (without permanent upgrades), and will see how it does now. Got a tune off Whisp187 from Adrenaline's site. Haven't tried any others.

EDIT 2: Golded it with the extra power, watching a top ten replay and copying his tyre setup of hards front and softs rear. Then just practicing like that, and then I soon got the hang of it - angle is key and distance from the apex also. The points started to rack up and eventually got 12,700 or so.

Now I'm on the Rally Cars one, but I can't get past 7000. I think I need a tune for it. I've watched top ten replays and I know what lines I have to take, it's just not happening the same way as in the replay :lol: I wonder why . . .

Will try this again later. But at least I managed the Corvette one - after like 100 attempts. But I'm better for it. I know what to do, to a certain extent. Just need to keep practicing.

EDIT 3: Finally Golded the Toscana dirt trial. Took me less attempts than the Corvette one, but I finally managed it when I got a tune from ||Dante|| for the Audi R8 (another 4WD car) and then watched a top ten replay a couple times. I found that letting it slide without throttle got me more points quicker than if I was treating it like a normal drift - handbrake, countersteer with some throttle.

Last edited:
I used a '69 Convertible to get just under 15k. I'd already got it mildly tuned I think somewhere around 530pp in old money, and a basic generic suspension setup. Just added close ratio 'box and supercharger as it didn't have the power to get a decent score in the first tunnel. Good fun.

I did the Toscana for a quick gold in a stock 205 T16 rally car (straight from the TT). Also tried the Nissan 240 RS but this just didn't have enough power for the long sweeper.

I'm awful at drifting but somehow after 10 tries I got to 38th at Toscana. I've never even gotten a top 1000 before :D

Latest Posts

Back