DTM help

Messages
60
Messages
wickednitro
Im using the Lexus IS F on Nurburgring which people say is the best car for the track. IMO this car is horrible its so twitchy I feel like im driving a horribly balanced MR car. Im using racing softs but every time I exit a corner the rear end wants to step out.

Does anyone know of a better car that can compete in DTM?
 
My 2 faves are the Alfa 155 and the CLK. They both have amazing handling. For the CLK there is a wonderful tune by Deutsche Rennsport in the tuning section of this site, I warmly recommend it.
 
Get the alfa. 4WD. Cut through the very tight chicane
 
yeah UCD, but it seems like to me that it was on OCD a little while back, when I bought it.
 
You and me obviously have a very divided opinion. I think the IS F Racing Concept is stunning to drive. And you can colour it :) Got chased on the Nurburgring GP one all the way but destroyed the opposition around the Nordschleife and it wasn't bad on Cape Ring either. And I was only on the default Racing Hards. (Give it some red paint too. ;)) It's actually cheaper than anything else you can use but it's the only one readily available at all times! :D

But if that's not your thing, keep on wasting up days till an R8 LMS Race Car shows up (or the Team Playstation one...they're identical). It's a bit faster than the actual DTMs in my opinion...but both are rare.
 
I guess Ill have to watch for those....

Any other cars you would recommend that are more readily available?
 
You and me obviously have a very divided opinion. I think the IS F Racing Concept is stunning to drive. And you can colour it :) Got chased on the Nurburgring GP one all the way but destroyed the opposition around the Nordschleife and it wasn't bad on Cape Ring either. And I was only on the default Racing Hards. (Give in some red paint too. ;))

But if that's not your thing, keep on wasting up days till an R8 LMS Race Car shows up (or the Team Playstation one...they're identical). It's a bit faster than the actual DTMs in my opinion...

The handling is horrible, maybe its my setup? I left it at default tuning settings, although I fully upgraded it (which is only tires and a little HP if I remember correctly)
 
The handling is horrible, maybe its my setup? I left it at default tuning settings, although I fully upgraded it (which is only tires and a little HP if I remember correctly)

Mine doesn't have any HP upgrades but I think it gets to over 700hp when fully modded. I think the problem is that with too much power the rear end steps out, so I'd say power limit it down to at least 530hp but no more than 600 I'd say. The main problem is it's heavier than the others so the handling would be compromised but I haven't driven any of the other DTM's save for the R8 LMS so I can't really give you a comparison.

EDIT: You can win an R8 LMS from the Nurburgring 4 Hours in A-Spec and a fresh IS-F Racing from the B-Spec one. You will have to wait for the others though since they're all standard other than the IS-F :sly:
 
I've beaten it with the A4 Touring car. Fully tuned. Randomly appeared in the user dealership for me a while back. In all honesty, any touring car will work fine. They've got stable handling. I haven't yet tried the IS F Racing Concept, so I couldn't what would be better.
 
Any DTM/Euro Touring car can win easily along with non race cars, Like a fully tuned R8 or SLS AMG. Peronally, I like the IS-F Racing Concept.

I did it in the Opel Calibra tourer (my first tourer), all wheel drive high reving turbo.
 
Any DTM/Euro Touring car can win easily along with non race cars, Like a fully tuned R8 or SLS AMG. Peronally, I like the IS-F Racing Concept.

You can't use any road car in the championship.

Also for the older ones (the AMG Merc, the Alfa and the Calibra), you should get some tuning. I would think that you can just about do it with Racing Softs, but your speed on the straights would still be lower compared to the faster more modern ones.
 
You can't use any road car in the championship.

Also for the older ones (the AMG Merc, the Alfa and the Calibra), you should get some tuning. I would think that you can just about do it with Racing Softs, but your speed on the straights would still be lower compared to the faster more modern ones.
Oh, The Opel was fully tuned (stg 3 turbo/Racing softs).
 
The IS F Racing Concept will win easily. Here's a proven setup that I used to win.



Any DTM/Euro Touring car can win easily along with non race cars, Like a fully tuned R8 or SLS AMG.

👎 Wrong.
 
I guess Ill have to watch for those....

Any other cars you would recommend that are more readily available?

If you wish, shoot me a PSN request and I'll put the Alfa and CLK online so you can borrow them.
 
The IS F Racing Concept will win easily. Here's a proven setup that I used to win.

I won it in mine completely stock, just oil change. Didn't even take a whole lot of effort, just had to restart the Nurburgring GP one twice cause I kept slipping up and losing the race.
 
@C-Zeta, that's what I've heard from a lot of people. 👍 My tune isn't just purely for winning that championship. It's really just an all-round high performance setup that can most assuredly be perfected. The Championship is just what prompted my initial purpose.
 
I won it in mine completely stock, just oil change. Didn't even take a whole lot of effort, just had to restart the Nurburgring GP one twice cause I kept slipping up and losing the race.

Its only Nordsliefe that gives me any trouble, the car drives fine on normal tracks but there it just cant deal with the bumps and bends. I will admit though Im not the greatest driver in the game.
 
Back