DTM not as exciting as i remember:/

  • Thread starter Thread starter nickg07
  • 14 comments
  • 2,398 views
Messages
1,579
Messages
Ballist1x
In GT4 i LOVED the DTM tournament. You needed a DTM car, the circuits were mixed but included some street circuits like Opera Paris (my favourite btw). The racing was always quite tight as i remember and i enjoyed doing the races over and over again.

In GT5, it isnt even a Championship series. And i entered with a Audi TT-R DTM (average car for the event you'd think?) and absolutely blew the competition away. For instance i just finished Nurburgring short circuit at least 4-5 seconds ahead of the 'pack' and thats after spinning out on lap 6 and screwing myself up completely on the last corner.

Now im not the best driver and i cant really decrease the BHP of my car. Putting some kind of budget tyres on to artificially and cruedly ruin the handling of the car is also not really an option as that would take away part of the enjoyment.

How can such a great event be so wronged?! Does anyone else feel like DTM got a bad deal here. Even JGTC is in a bad situation too. No championship series just 3 races...

Missed opportunity in my mind!
 
Well, I guess all of us know that the events aren't really the best part of GT5.

But, speaking about DTM...



Good times... Sigh...
 
Well DTM was a great part of GT4.. the Paris circuit i loved as its so tight and bumper to bumper.

Oh and now having completed the Nord in some astounding time i win a BMW 2002 which i already bought:/ At least in GT4 they gave you a DTM type car with a good value.
 
I just did this in A spec. Doing it in B spec as we speak :)

I found it really fun. I got the DTM Merc. I drive without any assists and this car is so much fun to drive on the limit. Definetly put a huge grin on my face.:D
The only dissapointing part was the car model doesnt look great. Its funny how standard cars very in quality :indiff:
 
Yea is that the Silver Mer CLK? i dont like the look of it due to the quality of the paintjob!

I drove with zero TCS no assists but 1 ABS on my DFGT wheel. Sure Nurb was aweosme bumpy great fun. But id prefer to be wheel to wheel rther than racing my own time trial out 5 seconds ahead of the pack!
 
Well DTM was a great part of GT4.. the Paris circuit i loved as its so tight and bumper to bumper.

Oh and now having completed the Nord in some astounding time i win a BMW 2002 which i already bought:/ At least in GT4 they gave you a DTM type car with a good value.

No they didnt
They would give you a CLK GTR (LMP) that would could sell for over a 1million
I should know I did the championship over and over again (everytime I needed cash) :D :D :D
 
Yea is that the Silver Mer CLK? i dont like the look of it due to the quality of the paintjob!

I drove with zero TCS no assists but 1 ABS on my DFGT wheel. Sure Nurb was aweosme bumpy great fun. But id prefer to be wheel to wheel rther than racing my own time trial out 5 seconds ahead of the pack!

Yup thats the one here is a photo:
208%20clk-dtm.JPG


Its perfect without ABS. Reading the car descripton it seems ABS was banned at the time so that prob explains why it works so well without:)
 
DTM and SuperGT championship were very badly made in GT5, I was expecting at least a 5 races series. There's enough track for that. But for some reason some tracks are unused in the Races series, like wangan or Indi road.
 
I just did this in A spec. Doing it in B spec as we speak :)

I found it really fun. I got the DTM Merc. I drive without any assists and this car is so much fun to drive on the limit. Definetly put a huge grin on my face.:D
The only dissapointing part was the car model doesnt look great. Its funny how standard cars very in quality :indiff:

Yea is that the Silver Mer CLK? i dont like the look of it due to the quality of the paintjob!

I drove with zero TCS no assists but 1 ABS on my DFGT wheel. Sure Nurb was aweosme bumpy great fun. But id prefer to be wheel to wheel rther than racing my own time trial out 5 seconds ahead of the pack!

I have to agree. Its my favorite DTM car but it honestly looks like it came from GT1 the quality is horrendous.
 
DTM and SuperGT championship were very badly made in GT5, I was expecting at least a 5 races series. There's enough track for that. But for some reason some tracks are unused in the Races series, like wangan or Indi road.

I was suprsed not to see Indy Road. Its a good track as well, would have worked well for the american series. As for Cape Ring, that one just keep popping up everywhere. Im really not a fan of that circuit :yuck:
 
I think the Audi TT is one of the strongest cars for the event actually.

I remember on GT4 I ran the event with every car that could get in it. I ran them all stock just to see how they did. The CLK was the easiest to win with following closely by the Audi and Opel Astra. The weakest cars were the AMG Mercedes and the little red Alfa took me almost 1/2 a half to get the lead in the stock Alfa and I used the AMG with high milage and dirty oil to get the 200. That was the only race that was difficult though.

I found it a cake walk in both Audis the Astra and the CLK and if you mod them it was a cake walk in any of the allowed cars.
 
AI difficulty settings would be nice.
 
GT4's DTM was too easy for me. I tried it in a couple different cars...the Mercedes 190 race car was one of them. Stock power, no qualifying, and after awhile I started using harder tires in an effort at competition and I was still blowing 'em away.

I remember being upset I was forced to use one of the official DTMs in GT4. Really wanted to try it in a normal street car instead. :grumpy: I'm hoping GT5's events will offer more competition, but if not, I'll live.
 
Back