DTM Spring Cup 2015 Round 1

• Thread starter PIP_36
  • 12 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
PIP_36
Hi Guys

The DTM Spring Cup 2015 Round 1 at Hockenheimring went live today in the DTM Experience 2014 and finishes on 08.03.2015.

Bruno Spenlger is currently in 3rd position on the leader board with a 1:31.526, top time is currently 1:30.843 by Rene Engelhardt.

Going to have a go this evening when I get home from work.

Anybody else going having a crack at it?

Round 1 leader board:

http://game.raceroom.com/dtm2014/competitions/448/leaderboard

Last edited:
For grins, I just turned a few laps on this competition. I was able to do 1:34.8

I realize I'm not that great, but I have no idea how I could shave 4 more seconds off to compete with the top folks.:bowdown:

Oh well.. I may try some more later though.

Just gave it a spin and have put 33.5 on the leaderboard which puts me just inside top 50 knowing there are a lot more to come.
I think i'll be able to get another 2 seconds off but need to finetune the setup then and spend a little more time.

Those guys that do 1.30 really have good setups! And a lot of confidence in there abilities :)

1.34/35 is about where I am at the moment too, I know that I get into the low 32's with a good setup, just need to find one! I'm only capable of basic setup changes, just going to have to experiment a bit and put some laps down!

Going for few now...

If anyone feels like adding me as a friend for some leader board shinanigans, here is my profile:

http://game.raceroom.com/users/PIP_36/

Edit:

@Jonathan777 & @minimalist sent you guys a FR, I need to keep a close eye on you guys, you are both fast!

Just got a 1.35.041, gonna have more laps throughout the week and start playing with setups...

Last edited:
1.34/35 is about where I am at the moment too, I know that I get into the low 32's with a good setup, just need to find one! I'm only capable of basic setup changes, just going to have to experiment a bit and put some laps down!

Going for few now...

If anyone feels like adding me as a friend for some leader board shinanigans, here is my profile:

http://game.raceroom.com/users/PIP_36/

Edit:

@Jonathan777 & @minimalist sent you guys a FR, I need to keep a close eye on you guys, you are both fast!

Just got a 1.35.041, gonna have more laps throughout the week and start playing with setups...

Cool, just accepted the request.

I played around some more and got 4 more tents off but I think I've hit my limit 1.34.4 :scared:
I didn't change any car settings though, so I wonder how much there is to gain with a good setup :confused:

I wonder if the setups are car specific too? i.e. if you get a good setup on the M4 would it transfer and work the same or as well on the RS5 or Merc? All three cars seem to handle very similarly in my opinion so thats why i ask.

I gave this a go tonight and got down to a 1.33.1 with only aero and gearing adjustments. Would like to actually try it with a proper setup. I've been up on that by about.5, but still thats only a 1.32.6. That 1.30.8 at the top is very impressive. I'm curious how much tuning was involved for the top time.

Thanks for the friendrequest..

Setup is very important imo depending on which wheel you have and depending on your steering settings.
With my t300 the stock setup for the Merc DTM which i always use was a disaster.. But after fiddling around in the past i now have a decent stable setup. Still need to make it fast now though. Remember that r3e saves setups per car per track.
Btw i always drive steeringdegree between 320 and 360 and for DTM a steeringlock of 10.

I assure you there is a lot of time to be won with a good setup (but this might only mean getting your steeringsettings optimal fornyourself and downforce + gearing). Especially knowing a lot amongst the topdrivers are somehow correlated to realliferacing as well and have a good knowledge.

Springcup round 2 on RedBullRing is underway..

Here the setup which i currently use with my Mercedes and a T300! This is an evolution of my hockenheimsetup. Finished just outside top 100 without another effort.
i'm going to try and finetune the setup the coming weeks cause id like to score some points!

Yesterday was in top 30 with a 1.24,4. Bruno Spengler was leading with a 22,5

image.jpg

Steering degree 300 - lock 20

Goodluck all!

Maybe a separate setup-section would be an idea?!

How is the 3rd round at the Norisring going?
Finished 64th on the RedBullRing and currently 42nd within a second at Norisring with still some tenths margin..

Using Same setup as the above but with 1 splitter and 3 or 4 wing!
I did adapt the gearing to the track!

Good luck!

Last edited:
Got to try final round on this as got DTM Experience 2014 quite late on in the event. Had two sessions on it, first one setup was quite off on Thursday, second one yesterday with about two hours to go before competition finished. Ended up using a setup I saw on YouTube which helped me close the gap and an eye opener how much it can help improve but never got it feeling quite like I how I want it as I'm a bit clueless regarding setups and never managed to do a really decent lap with it.

Only managed a 1:29.741 with it, did do also a .747 before that which I was up on enough to jump a few places and maybe even into top 10 but didn't get a good second half of lap.

Got to try final round on this as got DTM Experience 2014 quite late on in the event. Had two sessions on it, first one setup was quite off on Thursday, second one yesterday with about two hours to go before competition finished. Ended up using a setup I saw on YouTube which helped me close the gap and an eye opener how much it can help improve but never got it feeling quite like I how I want it as I'm a bit clueless regarding setups and never managed to do a really decent lap with it.

Only managed a 1:29.741 with it, did do also a .747 before that which I was up on enough to jump a few places and maybe even into top 10 but didn't get a good second half of lap.

That's very fast Ali! I Managed to get a 30.525 and p34 in the end with some tenths margin but that's still quite a bit slower then you.. Impressive :confused: Which setup did you use? And what steeringwheel do you have? In the other topic here you can see my fastest lap and setup! Curious how much difference there is in setup..

Using a t300 here which requires quite a lot of setting up the steering wheel and setting up the car to be honest.

That's very fast Ali! I Managed to get a 30.525 and p34 in the end with some tenths margin but that's still quite a bit slower then you.. Impressive :confused: Which setup did you use? And what steeringwheel do you have? In the other topic here you can see my fastest lap and setup! Curious how much difference there is in setup..

Using a t300 here which requires quite a lot of setting up the steering wheel and setting up the car to be honest.
Thanks but not quite fast enough. Well done on the improvement 👍. I've been like less than a tenth off the person who did the fastest lap before in some other event with enough potential to be ahead by a couple of tenths so I think maybe something in setup and steering might bridge the gap and also better driving but better the setup, the easier it might be to drive fast.

I used Luigi Secco setup from this video but used the Mercedes car: Link

I tried tweaking it a bit but seemed to get similar lap time with maybe potential of 1:29.4XX.

1:29.747 setup:

747.jpg

1:29.741 setup:

741.jpg

I use G27 with probably default settings. I don't really like how it feels in the centre, hope they improve it. I don't like the upshifts from second to third, I think I lose quite a bit of time there and consistency. I have used T300 before on pCARS, Driveclub and GT6 and seems a good wheel to be able to do fast times with like the G27.

Video of my fastest lap (1080p 60FPS):

Last edited:
Back