Dual Shock 4 Motion Control

United Kingdom
Birmingham, England
Momus_Nine
Hi guys,

Been reading your forums for a few months as it seems to be the best resource for Project CARS information so well done and keep up the good work!

But I've got a question that I wonder if you could help answer. I've searched this site for an answer and not found one and also Googled for a while to no joy.

I've got a limited amount of space and money but would like to use a wheel. I used to use the Microsoft Wireless Speed Wheel on my Xbox 360 and it was perfect for my needs, so I assume the DS4 tilt to steer / motion control will be very similar on my PS4.

Does anyone know if this option will be available on Project CARS? I can't seem to find the answer anywhere.

Sorry if I'm asking something that's been covered elsewhere and I haven't noticed it.

The creative director stated in a recent PCars live stream that they have tested all input methods thorougly and came to the conslusion that motion control doesn't add anything to improve the gaming experience and will therefore not be supported.

Motion Control has been attempted so many times before. The fact that the hilariously lame Wii Sports still is the best rendition of this input method tells me a lot.

Motion control works when you don't need high accuracy. That's why it was fun on some of the early wii games, but doesn't really work for a lot of other games.

I've not tried it personally but the motion control on DriveClub is meant to be pretty good.

The tilt to steer thing I mean. Not the Forza "hold your hands out on an imaginary wheel" kind of thing.

I've not tried it personally but the motion control on DriveClub is meant to be pretty good.

The tilt to steer thing I mean. Not the Forza "hold your hands out on an imaginary wheel" kind of thing.

It's not. It's manageable with slow cars. You try and drive a Koenigsegg with it... "driving" isn't the word.

Back