DualSense Aspirations

IncredibleMind

(Banned)
I have a PS5 and have been enjoying Dirt 5 and WRC9 both via the Dualsense controller.

We are in for a serious treat if this is what we have to look forward to on GT7.

WRC9 is by far the standout by quite a margin. In truth the game isn’t pretty or dare I say even polished compared to Dirt 5 but the CONTROLS! I can honestly say that the amount of feedback you get from the controller and the car is unprecedented in a joystick.

It’s as if they set up the controller to feel like the underside of the car so you get the same feeling from the controller’s haptics that you would get if you were driving over a specific surface. For instance, if it’s a flat grippy asphalt surface you hear nothing and it conveys perfectly. If it’s a gravelly road, not only can you feel the uneven rocky surface through the haptics, you can actually HEAR little rocks hitting the underside of the vehicle through the Dual Sense Speaker.

It’s so in depth that you can feel the lack of stability when you brake over the road surface. Like in Dirt 5 the brakes may simply get stiff linearly. In WRC9 you literally feel the brakes reacting differently as the tire’s grip over the surface changes.

I could go on and on. However, here’s to the genuine hope that GT7 utilizes the Dual Sense to it’s fullest to add to the immersion because it truly is a revolutionary feature.

I hope so too. Enjoying feedback on the DIRT 5, but I feel like it was designed more for arcade racing. With GT7 I imagine it will be more realistic and precise. I'm hoping for something close to ASTRO BOT demo level of feedback.

Maybe it's worth updating GT SPORT as well, as right now the feedback seems broken on PS5 with the only left side of the gamepad vibrating.

Last edited:
You are 100% correct. Dirt 5 is extremely arcade like in comparison. Even when you adjust the settings it’s still not as subtle as WRC9. Not necessarily a bad thing to be honest because WRC9 is such a sim it will lose many people by default. That said, it’s the closest I’ve experienced to Astrobot’s Dualsense refinement.

I hope GT7 gets somewhere in the middle between the two to be honest.

Just a side note, if you ever play Miles Morales adjust the controls to Accessibility mode for the actual Dual Sense function. It’s very, very immersive. I have absolutely no idea why Insomniac didn’t make it the standard setting by default.

As you said IncredibleMind, I do love the feel and quality over the DS4 as the DualSense, is much much better at haptic feedback in games that I have played like SpiderMan: MM and Astro's Playroom on the PS5.

I am just hoping that they incorporate all of the DualSense's functions such as and not limited to:

Microphone: Talking to your pit team in endurance races of when to pit and re-fuel, racing strategies etc.
Touchpad: Use as shutter press or Menu UI swap during racing, or even for a heads up on message alerts in lobbies and online races.
Triggers sensitvity: For "Scapes/Photo Mode" shutter function for taking snaps like a real DSLR camera.
Motion Sensors: For maybe rotating car views in the shiny virtual showroom when you unlock a new car or buy one.

I dunno, theses are just the off the top of my head but with some deep thought and brainstorming I am sure they will utilise the true great function of the PS5 Dualsense Controller. :cheers:👍

Last edited:
If only we would get that feedback technology with next generation of steering wheel, especialy pedals (brake/throttle) with feedback.

Back