*DUMB QUESTION* How do you get your brakes to glow?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pnuttbutter
  • 13 comments
  • 1,792 views
Messages
33
Messages
Pnuttbutter
Messages
FlowingGenie9
Hello everybody,

I know its possible, I have seen plenty of pictures. Yet, no matter how hard I try, and how hard I brake, I can't get it to happen. What am I doing wrong? I have ABS set to 0, so I usually brake on the verge of locking the wheels, is that not enough? Or are there specific cars that glow more easily?

Thanks in advance,
Pnuttbutter
 
Brake hard... 👍

with a race car...
 
Set ABS to 1.
Go speeding over 270km/h. Slam the brake. That should work.
Also note that it only happened on premium cars/race cars only.
 
..and in the car settings, set the brakes to 10/10.
 
Just brake for a very long time,like on the track SSR6/monza/tokyo R246.Braking from 150+mph to 50mph will get em to glow,even in a showroom stock car.
 
I think, it was easier in GT4 to get them glow, loved the long downhill-section at Seattle. Try a fast and heavy car. Braking hard at the end of the long Hunaudières-straight at Le Mans is my best idea now.
 
With ABS off the wheels will just lock up, and you won't get the friction you're after.
 
I think, it was easier in GT4 to get them glow, loved the long downhill-section at Seattle. Try a fast and heavy car. Braking hard at the end of the long Hunaudières-straight at Le Mans is my best idea now.


I loved the Seattle track and where is it now? Gone with so many other great tracks. So few tracks, so few races, no trading to speak of, so very disappointing.... :nervous:
 
..and in the car settings, set the brakes to 10/10.
Thank you very much. I'll try that later. I currently have them at the stock setting of 5/5.

With ABS off the wheels will just lock up, and you won't get the friction you're after.
Thanks. I will try to use ABS 1 and see if I can get them to glow.
 
Thank you very much. I'll try that later. I currently have them at the stock setting of 5/5.


Thanks. I will try to use ABS 1 and see if I can get them to glow.

It'll work just fine on 5/5
 
Brake balance doesn't matter at all.

Along with the factors mentioned above, the glow will show a lot easier on a low-light map (eg ssr5), or low lit areas (in the shade).
 
Nurb (green hell) at night looks the best :)
 
Back