Dumbest thing in GT Sport ...

  • Thread starter Thread starter NoFinClue
  • 10 comments
  • 1,190 views
Messages
166
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
My vote goes to the discovery search function. In game it only shows results for that day or so. And on the official website, the searches are also done by day, such that you have to search a day at a time to find items. It will be completely useless in a years time if you want to search for something obscure created today, as you may be faced with 364 blank pages before finding it.
 
I wonder if it would be in a better place had they been able to work on it post launch :lol:
 
This is what happens when you ask Colin from down the pub to create your database functions. (Apologies to anyone called Colin, who is a database programmer, knows what they are doing and visits pubs. I just picked the name in a pseudo random manner).
 
I can agree that it needs improvements, like adding the possibility to search for things from specific dates.
I doubt that it would be too much trouble the add it to the website search box along with the other specifics.
 
Searching by or between dates should be secondary and optional. Most of the time, who cares when it was created.

If I search for a tag 'Apple' I want to see all those items tagged with 'Apple', not blank result pages because nothing has been tagged with that for 3 weeks.
 
It really does make no sense, simply because it will cause there to be tons of duplicates when people upload stuff they cannot find, yet stupidly it is probably already on there
 
The sport mode change (daily races instead of weekly and no tuning) is still the dumbest thing IMO.
 
No, having something called a daily race that didn't change daily was dumb ;)
 
Someone crashes into you from the back or you get T-boned and your SR decreases accordingly
 
While GT League fills a hole, offline is still treated pretty bad. Need more events for that. And more tracks and cars, but I think that will start to fill up over time. Still, it’s kinda pointless car collecting at this point when everyone has everything already.
 
Back