DVD Player Problems

• Thread starter Shannon
  • 11 comments
Nothing to serious but damn annoying. When I play a DVD on my DVD Player it makes this very annoying sound. It kind of sounds like a computer reading a CD but very loud. That isn't what it is though. When I unplug the audio cable from the TV I don't hear this noise so it isn't the DVD Player. It isn't the TV either because when I play a DVD through the Playstation 2 I don't hear this noise.

So is the sound coming from your television? It may be a faulty cable - it may also be due to insufficient isolation or grounds within the player. What kind of player do you have?

Also, if you decide to blow a few bucks on a fancy audio cable avoid Monster. Their solder joints (and construction in general) are terrible. Look into something like AudioQuest's G-Snake - $20 for a 1 meter pair.

Originally posted by risingson77
So is the sound coming from your television? It may be a faulty cable - it may also be due to insufficient isolation or grounds within the player. What kind of player do you have?

Also, if you decide to blow a few bucks on a fancy audio cable avoid Monster. Their solder joints (and construction in general) are terrible. Look into something like AudioQuest's G-Snake - $20 for a 1 meter pair.
If I could find the manual then I could tell you what player it is. The brand is Voxsort.

I'm not familiar with the brand - but if it's an inexpensive model, it's more likely to have crosstalk between circuits. Still, a new set of cables with better sheilding couldn't hurt.

Originally posted by risingson77
I'm not familiar with the brand - but if it's an inexpensive model, it's more likely to have crosstalk between circuits. Still, a new set of cables with better sheilding couldn't hurt.
I'm not sure how much it cost. My mum bought it for me for Christmas and she has this obsession that you don't tell people how much their presents cost.

So search for it on the net!

Do you still get the noise with the volume turned down on the TV?

Back