DVD Vs Steam Installation?

• Thread starter Tyger
  • 4 comments
United Kingdom
UK
ReTyger
Pardon my ignorance here but I got PCars on PC DVD (as had some Amazon vouchers) but in the box is a download code for Steam. So I was wondering if the DVDs (of which there are two) install a smaller footprint and then access content from the discs? Or is there an option to install *all* content from the discs?

I'm guessing the latter would be quicker than installing from Steam and I would kinda prefer the game wasn't reliant on Steam anyway, if it can be avoided. That said, I don't need to only install part of the game and have to load from and potentially swap discs all the time.

I would think that the game will install the same in both cases and you will have to rely on steam with either version. The DVDs do save you the bandwidth required to download the install files since they should be on the DVD but other than that should be the same.

The disks are there to only save you the download bandwidth or time. You don’t need to have the disk in the drive to boot the game. So it is up to you how you want to install it.

Install the entire content on two DVD. There is a code to activate pCars through Steam though.

I miss the pre-steam days... I hate having to have it installed on my system to play most games. I guess I'm old school. :P

Back