• Thread starter Liquid
  • 3 comments

Liquid

Fission Mailed
Premium
Slovakia
Bratvegas
GTP_Liquid
By its very nature the DYSAGT threads are very photo heavy. Is it feasible to have a subforum under Cars In General where members can have their own, dedicated spotter threads? It would make it easier to keep track of certain members' spots if you have favourites or if someone is particularly good and breaks things up a little bit nicer; currently your post will get drowned out by everyone else's and it's a bit of a chore to navigate it, in my opinion.

If there were dedicated threads per memeber it would also make it easier to talk about particular spots and photos, instead of being lost amongst everyone else's posts.

Just an idea.

Seeing as that thread only gets slight activity with a handful of posts per day, would it really be necessary to make it turn into multiple threads with slight activity? I like the thread, but I wouldnt want to go through a bunch of individual threads. It's really much easier to access this way, and to browse through it when I get free time.

I'm not entirely opposed to the idea of individual threads. But for convenience, I wouldn't choose it over having the single, existing thread.

For me, the real problem is how members deal with their shots when uploading. Myself and a select few thread regulars have always tried to cut down on the file size without sacrificing too much in the way of image quality (and in many cases, include Flickr links to the full res images anyway). Others simply upload directly from the devices they took the photos on without considering how much of a bandwidth hog they usually are.

That's an issue which should become a thing of the past since Jordan added GTP's own auto-resize feature the other week. It may only works on direct image uploads for now, but those always seemed to be the biggest offenders.

Last edited:
Back