E-brake & clutch question

United States
United States
So i bought a g27 about 2 months ago and have yet to try it out due to not having a good setup for me wheel as of yet :x.

There is something i want to ask, does holding down the clutch while using the e-brake have any effect in this game with a MT?

I don't know about the others but the e-brake feels a little weird. I try not to use it, unless I make a mistake and need to correct.
To try and answer your question, it locks up the rear wheels as it would any other time. Hope that helps I tried.
Add me if your up for a little practice, I need it myself and welcome to :gtplanet: 👍

So i bought a g27 about 2 months ago and have yet to try it out due to not having a good setup for me wheel as of yet :x.

There is something i want to ask, does holding down the clutch while using the e-brake have any effect in this game with a MT?

No it doesn't. Even without a clutch (on a wheel or DS3), the clutch is automatically applied during e-braking. I would assume this is the same for a wheel with a clutch. (However, this is an assumption and I might be mistaken.)

No it doesn't. Even without a clutch (on a wheel or DS3), the clutch is automatically applied during e-braking. I would assume this is the same for a wheel with a clutch. (However, this is an assumption and I might be mistaken.)
It is for wheels that dont offer the clutch option. Not for the ones that do. I usually stay on the clutch whenever Im using the e-brake for a decent amount of time.

Using the e brake without the clutch will stall the car if held in long enough. But only if you are using it with the clutch function

Recently been using a clutch set up with my g27 for drifting with my chaser and rx7. Yes, the wheels will lock faster when using ebrake and clutch.

I would assume that FWD cars needn't me use the clutch? I have not tested rally-like driving with my G27, but would a clutch be needed there? I don't know if real WRC cars need the clutch for it.

I would assume that FWD cars needn't me use the clutch? I have not tested rally-like driving with my G27, but would a clutch be needed there? I don't know if real WRC cars need the clutch for it.
You don't need the clutch for front wheel drive handbrakies.

Agreeing with @TH137Z and @Tacobell18 , Being a wheel user. RWD setups will stall, however FWD are fine. Anyway you usually hold in the clutch anyway cause it's just a habit of nature. Well for me anyway.

The rear wheels lock, causing the revs to drop, equaling the car stalling. So yes, you have to hold the clutch in while hand breaking.

Just my 5 cents.
There are several ways to use e-brake for various situations.
When you go with a throttle in a drift and feel the need to increase angle with e-brake, or to overcome the understeer, you basically do it with no problem. You can also clutch-kick, but not always you have the time for it.
When you initiate with e-brake or by weight transfer, it's correct to hold down the clutch, to allow the wheels spin without torque from the engine. With the help of inertia you will achieve the desired angle and only then apply accelerator when needed.

So, yeah, the result is dependant on clutch.

When you initiate with e-brake or by weight transfer, it's correct to hold down the clutch, to allow the wheels spin without torque from the engine. With the help of inertia you will achieve the desired angle and only then apply accelerator when needed.
Didn't know that little part. Hmmm. . .interesting. 👍

Back