E3 2018 Bets

• Thread starter Lain
  • 1 comments

Lain

Premium
United States
Pasadena, TX
Yaywalter
The Easy Allies 2018 E3 Betting Special has been uploaded today, and for some people (myself included), this signals the true start of E3.

Behold:

I recommend watching the show to familiarize yourself with this wondrous event (and for the entertainment), but you can play along without doing so. How it works is there are 20 predetermined bets to make. For each one you get right, you get a point. Each one you get wrong loses you a point.

The bets are:
  • Will Skate 4 have a solid showing?
  • Will a big boy slip?
  • Will Cortana reveal herself?
  • Will Kazooie reveal herself?
  • How many new games will be announced?
  • Will Square Enix's Avengers game have bad faces?
  • Will Brandon Jones be familiar with the celebrity winner of the Fortnite Pro-Am?
  • Will we see the HUD of From Software's next game?
  • Will Raccoon City be physically manifested in Capcom's booth?
  • Will there be a burp?
  • Will an official Pikachu and Eevee roll the floor?
  • Will there be zero large-scale shadow drops? (A shadow drop is something that is released the day it is announced, such as P.T.)
  • Will the Smash Bros. demo have more than three new characters, excluding the Inklings?
  • Will the Star Fox racing games have power slides and hidden shortcuts?
  • Will a character from the Star Wars prequel trilogy appear in Kingdom Hearts III?
  • Will Shuntaro Furukawa (soon-to-be Nintendo president) reveal himself?
  • Will Hideo Kojima take a seat?
  • Will a previously non-speaking character receive a voice?
  • Will Sam Lake reveal himself?
  • Don's Dirty Deal: Guess the sum of how many times Lara Croft will leave the ground (i.e. jump, fall, get knocked into the air, etc) in the trailers/gameplay of Shadow of the Tomb Raider during the Square-Enix's press conference + The number of periscope view shots shown of Skull and Bones during the Ubisoft conference. To win this bet you only need to get closer than Don's, which is sealed and won't be revealed until after E3.
  • YOUR FINAL BET
These bets, unless otherwise specified, pertain strictly to what is shown/occurs during the press conferences themselves. Your Final Bet can be anything, with the one caveat that it needs to be in outlandish pie-in-the-sky dream territory. No penalty if it is wrong, but if it somehow miraculously comes to pass, then you get 3 points.

I'll get the ball rolling with my bets:
  • Will Skate 4 have a solid showing? No.
  • Will a big boy slip? No.
  • Will Cortana reveal herself? Yes.
  • Will Kazooie reveal herself? No.
  • How many new games will be announced? 33
  • Will Square Enix's Avengers game have bad faces? No.
  • Will Brandon Jones be familiar with the celebrity winner of the Fortnite Pro-Am? Yes.
  • Will we see the HUD of From Software's next game? Yes.
  • Will Raccoon City be physically manifested in Capcom's booth? Yes.
  • Will there be a burp? No.
  • Will an official Pikachu and Eevee roll the floor? Yes.
  • Will there be zero large-scale shadow drops? No.
  • Will the Smash Bros. demo have more than three new characters, excluding the Inklings? Yes.
  • Will the Star Fox racing games have power slides and hidden shortcuts? No.
  • Will a character from the Star Wars prequel trilogy appear in Kingdom Hearts III? Yes.
  • Will Shuntaro Furukawa (soon-to-be Nintendo president) reveal himself? Yes.
  • Will Hideo Kojima take a seat? Yes.
  • Will a previously non-speaking character receive a voice? Yes.
  • Will Sam Lake reveal himself? No.
  • Don's Dirty Deal: Guess the sum of how many times Lara Croft will leave the ground (i.e. jump, fall, get knocked into the air, etc) in the trailers/gameplay of Shadow of the Tomb Raider during the Square-Enix's press conference + The number of periscope view shots shown of Skull and Bones during the Ubisoft conference. To win this bet you only need to get closer than Don's, which is sealed and won't be revealed until after E3. 21
  • FINAL BET: Bluepoint is making Shadow of the Colossus 2, Jet Set Radio Future and Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE are being ported to Switch, Microsoft is rebooting Perfect Dark, AND Cortana is coming to Smash (and will also get an Amiibo).

After E3 is finished and the dust settles, we'll tally up the scores and figure out who won. And as for a prize, I will personally select one of the winner's forum posts at random and "Like" it. Any bets placed or changed after the start of the first conference (EA's, which begins tomorrow at 11 AM Pacific) will be invalid... so you've got a little over 24 hours to get your bets locked in. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Last edited:
Well the first press conference just wrapped a little while ago, so with that... bets are officially closed. And as the only person who participated, I win by default.

I guess GTPlanet's just not feeling the E3 hype this year, oh well... I tried. :cheers:

I'll still tally up my score after E3 wraps for fun though. No signs of Skate at EA's show, so that tentatively seems like 1 point... though it's entirely possible it could still be unveiled at another conference, such as Microsoft's.

Back