E30 M3 steering issue ?

Australia
Southern Highlands
Hey guys , i am new to GT7 so go easy on me . I have an issue with my e30 m3 that I can’t figure out .

I have thrown the mod book at it and when i took it for a drive i was super disappointed and frustrated with the way it handles .

It wants to keep the steering wheel cocked right when im trying to straighten up coming out of corners …. Im using a controller but none of my other cars do this .

Has anyone seen this before ? Its the standard e30 m3 non evo model

I'm quite certain what you're experincing is tires "bottoming out" caused by a very low ride height. The tires rub into the fenders and the tires refuse to center back.

It's a common issue found in many cars, e.g. the Civic EK9 (with widebody) and GT-R GT500 '99.

Last edited:
IMG_1057.jpeg

If you are able, can you post a short video or a picture at the moment it’s happening?

There is no tyre rub with either E30 at minimum ride height. That‘s with 18” and 17” wheels, wide offset and wide tyre width. Trust me. Even cornering at full suspension compression at any circuit. Notorious dips at Brands Hatch, Spa, Nurburgring, etc. All fifty of my E30s are at minimum ride height. I drive them all.

17”
IMG_3685.jpeg

18”
IMG_3686.jpeg

If anything you should be experiencing oversteer.

Any further details about your car set up?

If you are able, can you post a short video or a picture at the moment it’s happening?

There is no tyre rub with either E30 at minimum ride height. That‘s with 18” and 17” wheels, wide offset and wide tyre width. Trust me. Even cornering at full suspension compression at any circuit. Notorious dips at Brands Hatch, Spa, Nurburgring, etc. All fifty of my E30s are at minimum ride height. I drive them all.

17”
View attachment 1325537

18”
View attachment 1325539

If anything you should be experiencing oversteer.

Any further details about your car set up?
Hey mate when i get home tonight i will post a short video to show you what’s happening.

In regards to the suspension setup I haven’t tinkered with the default settings that come with the upgraded suspension , im still quite new to the game but i did throw some cash at this car because i was expecting it to be a fun car to learn in .

Hey mate when i get home tonight i will post a short video to show you what’s happening.

In regards to the suspension setup I haven’t tinkered with the default settings that come with the upgraded suspension , im still quite new to the game but i did throw some cash at this car because i was expecting it to be a fun car to learn in .
No problem. If it's the default Full Racing suspension settings, the -3.0 camber eliminates any rubbing while turning due a lowered suspension. If the anti- roll bar and Spring rates are default the car has too much body roll. Understeer is the culprit. I feel it's not a stable set up for cornering and braking.

Back