E92 M3 Tune for Suzuka

• Thread starter Emthree
  • 5 comments
Meatpocket
OK, i've been working on this for a while now. So far I've been able to win quite a few online races with it. This is as sticky as I can get it so far.

All Assists off except ABS

Power 416 0
Weight 1588kg 96
Tires R3 R3

Ride Height -30 -25
Spring Rate 9 8
Damper 8 7
Toe -0.50 +.050
Camber 2.5 2.8
Brake Balance 6 5

Max Turning Angle 40
TC Off
ABS 1

Gear Rations are specific to Suzuka 600PP. I run with a G25 and use the H shifter so these are important to me. You should find yourself in a strong 3rd gear for most turns and two 2nd gear turns. You know which ones they are.

1st Gear 4.054 mph 34
2nd Gear 2.254 mph 61
3rd Gear 1.567 mph 88
4th Gear 1.272 mph 108
5th Gear 1.042 mph 132
6th Gear 0.853 mph 175

Final Gear 4.736

The gears are somewhat short for an M3, however they work pretty good for Suzuka 600PP. If you use Automatic, you may want to change them.

Also thanks to this board. Its helped me improve this alot.

It should also work well for different PP races except for the Gearing.

Any ideas to get it to run better are welcome!!!

R3 tires aren't really neccessary, Use R1's to free up points to lower the weight.

Your suspension setup could lead to some serious oversteer. Factory settings already give the car some serious rake towards the front end, so you might want to raise the front back up

Those gear ratios are extremely short, almost too short. You'll find yourself shifting into fifth or sixth more often which might end up loosing you more time than the acceleration it offers.

R3 tires aren't really neccessary, Use R1's to free up points to lower the weight.

Your suspension setup could lead to some serious oversteer. Factory settings already give the car some serious rake towards the front end, so you might want to raise the front back up

Those gear ratios are extremely short, almost too short. You'll find yourself shifting into fifth or sixth more often which might end up loosing you more time than the acceleration it offers.

Yeah Im still working on it. I raised the back end a notch last night and softened the front shocks and damper by 1. Ill post the updates later tonight.

I had an awesome race last night against another player, whos name I cannot spell or pronounce, the same player who ran a 6:59.

I won the race due to him losing control, but I won with a 6:57.871 which is my best time so far. He finished one second behind me.

The gears are set specifically for Suzuka and my personal preferences. I did lengthen 2nd gear a bit. But right now the gears keep you strong in 3rd in the first set of small curves. 2nd gear for 3 turns, where its pretty strong, including the hairpin. And you never run out of acceleration, even in 6th.

Im going to try to tweak it a bit more tonight, and I'll post the changes when im done.

Feel free to try it out and tweak anything you might think will work better.

Ive been trying to work this out tonight, but theres some crazy lag goin on, and people keep quiting out before a race and finish...

Anyways, I wanted to tune this online so I would know where I needed power and whatnot, but its not going well right now. Maybe later there will be less people on.

I'll probably need to tune the suspension offline, but i'd like to get some online races in tonight. ;)

Revised some of this.

I did mess around alot with Camber and R1, R2 Tires. The lap times are nearly the same due to cornering speeds. So I opted to stay with the R3 Setting. If you got to R2 just set the camber up 1 to 2 notches.

Power 416
Weight 1588

Tires R3 R3

Ride Height -25 -24
Spring Rate 8 9
Damper 7 6
Toe -0.50 +0.50
Camber 3.4 3.2
Brake Balance 7 6

Max Turning Angle 50
TC Off
ABS 1

1st Gear 4.054
2nd Gear 2.232
3rd Gear 1.602
4th Gear 1.248
5th Gear 1.009
6th Gear 0.818

Final Gear 4.763

The tires are probably the most important part for handling, sticking to R3s is probably best. Remember whats the only part of the car on the road.

Back