EA Sports WRC: Career discussion

• Thread starter cjr3559
  • 19 comments

cjr3559

Premium
United States
Ohio
cjr3559
Opening a thread for career mode discussion.

I’m finishing up my first year/season on JWRC. I’ve been running the career on the shortest event lengths, and each event has been two stages which seems kind of short.

Wondering what settings other career mode participants have opted for.

I only have done one WRC2 stage from the introduction but abandonned it all together since I find quickplay a way better option since you can create a championship to your liking.

I was running medium length with 100 AI starting in JWRC. But I’ve stopped after Croatia because the AI bug is killing the fun at the moment.

I like the premise of career mode and it will be excellent to play but right now it’s unplayable for me.

I was running medium length with 100 AI starting in JWRC. But I’ve stopped after Croatia because the AI bug is killing the fun at the moment.

I like the premise of career mode and it will be excellent to play but right now it’s unplayable for me.
I’ve got difficulty at 72 (more or less) and the AI has been consistent, nothing seemingly out of the ordinary. I may increase to 80 after the first year is over.

Out of curiosity, roughly how many stages are there in medium length campaign?

Medium is 5 stages per rally - two stages, a service, one stage, another service, then the last two. It seems to work out around 45 minutes per rally, which for me is a good length to do each rally in one sitting. I think the longest setting bumps it up to 7 stages, but I don't know how many services.

I have also dipped my toe in the career mode, turned restarts off and have only turned off ps5 when at a service. Worked so far in championship mode hopefully the ai will stay competitive and have some competition.

I’ve got difficulty at 72 (more or less) and the AI has been consistent, nothing seemingly out of the ordinary. I may increase to 80 after the first year is over.

Out of curiosity, roughly how many stages are there in medium length campaign?
80 difficulty is pretty tough, for me anyway. I find to be 1st its has to be a pretty clean run with some fast split times thrown in. But so far I haven't seen a dip in ai performance. I'll judge by the end of the weekend though.

Coming up to the end of my fourth year at 75% AI. I started in JWRC but keeping Max the benefactor happy made him move me up to Rally1 pretty quickly. I'm running medium length rallies so tyres aren't a problem.

Coming up to the end of my fourth year at 75% AI. I started in JWRC but keeping Max the benefactor happy made him move me up to Rally1 pretty quickly. I'm running medium length rallies so tyres aren't a problem.
You have any issues, with ai dipping in performance?

You have any issues, with ai dipping in performance?
Everybody does. The best I had was one where they didn't drop until the final stage but most times it happens on stage three or four.

Everybody does. The best I had was one where they didn't drop until the final stage but most times it happens on stage three or four.
Do you quit or restart inbetween services, I have gone off this theory for almost 2 weeks now. Done multiple events and had 2 occasions where as the ai has suddenly stopped. Once when I restarted twice on the same stage, and one event tonight when I drove over the edge of a rather steep hill and got a terminal. Did three 5 stage events tonight on 2 I finished around 20 seconds behind leader on 80 difficulty.

Finished Season 1 with settings on short length the other day. Before starting Season 2 with WRC2 I lengthened the events to medium, and now of the events are 5 stages.

I’m assuming the change from short to medium was confirmed in the game. I’m also assuming by default a WRC2 campaign has more stages than JWRC.

FWIW I was just hoping I wouldn’t have to restart a career for the length changes to occur.

JWRC and WRC2 events have the same number of stages per event (the amount chosen in your length setting), but there are more events in the WRC2 calendar as JWRC doesn't run at Monte Carlo or Japan.

I ended up (until I parked career mode due to the AI) running the 'main' WRC calendar events at a medium / long length and then all the other bits in between as short rallies. It did feel like it was a bit of a hack, but seemed to work quite nicely in terms of giving the game a bit of focus.

Quite nice that you can change the length between events though!

Still no issues with the ai, going off my theory. But my god, this is painfully difficult on 80. Zero mistakes allowed. But keeping at it I will suffice🤣

Anyone know why I have no CER in my Career? My original save had the bug so I decided to start a new. As I had completed my firdt season in JWRC I decided to start off at WRC2 level for my new one. I was dissapointed to see no CER on my schedule though. I chose the longest setting for competition length. Does the game just choose 7 random rallies for me and I'm just unlucky or is it the same rallies each time?

Does CER not appear in Career for WRC2 and only for WRC or something?

Last edited:
Anyone know why I have no CER in my Career? My original save had the bug so I decided to start a new. As I had completed my firdt season in JWRC I decided to start off at WRC2 level for my new one. I was dissapointed to see no CER on my schedule though. I chose the longest setting for competition length. Does the game just choose 7 random rallies for me and I'm just unlucky or is it the same rallies each time?

Does CER not appear in Career for WRC2 and only for WRC orsomething?
It is only in the WRC class career, in the game. In the real world is was a wrc2 event too.

Last edited:
H2 FWD Extreme Trophy no longer counts towards benefactor targets apparently. Thought it would be fixed now, the target symbol is missing on the event.

From what I can tell, the only way to view current standings in active events is during the week you’re scheduled in the event. This makes it difficult to make benefactor target decisions ahead of schedule. Sometimes deciding on which event to participate when double booked is based on your standings.

For example, if I knew how far back in a Team points target I was, and I had no chance of meeting said target, I’d select another event that could boost my standings elsewhere.

I guess the only workaround is to take screenshots after each event for future reference.

Last edited:
Back